• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for an artist that can create this backdrop

TheSnowman

I have a picture given to me from the local high school, and we kind of need to re-create some things with a 9-11 theme to them. The awesome part is that I need to have them by like next Monday at the latest. Here is what I have to work with, they need the twin towers and city in one, the field where the plane went down in Pennsylvania in one (the one with the flag on it in this picture) and then the pentagon. These will all be on 4' X 8' Sheets, and then they need an 8' X 8' flag waving in the middle of all of these.

I don't even know where to begin with this, or if it's possible. They act like money is no object, they just need what they need. Anyone used anyone in the past that can pull something off like this in vector form?

Attachments

• 9-11 graphic.jpg
    9-11 graphic.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 72

TheSnowman

Ok, doesn't have to be Vector, I just didn't want three massive files that were 4' X 8' raster if I didn't have to have them. I'm not printing these in house.

W

wetgravy

could do it in vector ... raster too ... though for something like this you would be looking at someone charging you hourly to recreate the graphic. Not cheap, what is your budget, time restraints (for printing, install, etc), etc?

Edit: re-read and noticed the budget. I know when I re-create graphics it's normally a long process to do so on a large scale (lots of little details) and I normally charge $75 an hour. For something like this I would normally budget in for atleast 60 hours if you wanted good detailing, 20 if you wanted something crisp but probably missing minor details. not quoting for the job btw, don't have the time to do it in the next 2 weeks ... just a what you might be expecting to look to pay.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why can't you use the picture posted ?? Is it too small ?? Can you enlarge it without it becoming pixelated ??

TheSnowman

I think something this small would look like crap blown up to a 4' X 8'. They just have to have it right away - as with everything they bring me. All I can do is tell them that they are nuts, and give them the figures of what it could possibly take as far as time. It's just crazy the stuff they want and when they want it.

iSign

I think a better description of the end use would be helpful, also along the lines of Gino's question.. does "something like this" mean they did that, own that & want to reproduce THAT? ...or deos something like this mean as close as possible based on the fact they have no rights to THAT?

Regarding wanting a better description... suggesting other ways to meet their needs, including timeline challenges would be easier if we know is it a semi permenant mural on the exterior wall.. is it a prop for a short run play, is part of a larger concept or presentation, or is it a stand alone work of art?

lastly.. what does "8' X 8' flag waving in the middle of all of these" mean?? middle?

natedawg9640

run it through a blow up software. it's going to be large and unless it's going to be viewed close up, my do you need all the detail to warrant the expense of recreating it? where is it to be displayed?

Mosh

Wait until they get the bill. I have ran into "money is no problem" places before.
Well money isn't a problem, getting it from them is!!!!!

TheSnowman

It's for a backdrop. I just reread what they were doing. They want a Somerset County, PA look on a 4'X8' on the left, The Pentagon picture on the right on a 4'X8', then in the middle, they want the New York look w/ the twin towers, and a flag waving in front of them. These will be used in a competition they are doing, and will be in use probably two months or so. Just being printed on Cor-X.

W

wetgravy

+1 to that! good researching. Yeah, photochop the snot out of some istock photos, save you time and money rather than recreating graphics from scratch.

iSign

thanks for the clarification on it's use...

still, would like to know:

does "something like this" mean they did that, own that & want to reproduce THAT?

...or does something like this mean as close as possible based on the fact they have no rights to THAT?

TheSnowman

A competition? I would hope your artist gets all the credit then
Huh? It's not an art competition...it's for a backdrop...for a competition that takes place on the stage.

Doug, they just want something LIKE that, it needed to include all of those elements according to the layout on the stage.

iSign

Huh? It's not an art competition...it's for a backdrop...for a competition that takes place on the stage.

Doug, they just want something LIKE that, it needed to include all of those elements according to the layout on the stage.
ok.. seems maybe a more iconic collection of meaningful symbols would send a clear message... black & white Silhouette of skyline, simple one color plan view of pentagon, need a good icon for PA... maybe "Let's Roll" text over a Jet shape, on a PA shape... I'm thinking simple large symbolic imagery... for distance legibility... somber, like the black wall for the Viet Nam war memorial... but the black & white could have grey scale clouds behind it & then a bright photo realistic colored American Flag waving over the top...

shakey0818

Wait until they get the bill. I have ran into "money is no problem" places before.
Well money isn't a problem, getting it from them is!!!!!
:goodpost:Maybe a panoramic sorta thing black and white with the 3 picts fading into each other and somr color in it.