• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for an automated workflow system!

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Now that it is clear

Now that is clear what I am after....can we please stick relevant info? You can call them decals or stickers or THE decals. I have a serious inquiry here that is on a very large scope and I am really hoping to get relevant answers.
Thank you all for participating but I think now after 15 posts that you all understand that I have a pretty big endeavor here and I am quite serious. Yep, I do know what I am getting into. I have done quite a bit of homework. This is not an overnight deal. I have worked towards this for years. So, lets move forward in that I do know that I need new equipment and lets assume that I do understand the scope of the workloads and how productions work in general.
I am looking for relevant info on production workflow-Thank you everyone!

CanuckSigns

Now that is clear what I am after....can we please stick relevant info? You can call them decals or stickers or THE decals. I have a serious inquiry here that is on a very large scope and I am really hoping to get relevant answers.
Thank you all for participating but I think now after 15 posts that you all understand that I have a pretty big endeavor here and I am quite serious. Yep, I do know what I am getting into. I have done quite a bit of homework. This is not an overnight deal. I have worked towards this for years. So, lets move forward in that I do know that I need new equipment and lets assume that I do understand the scope of the workloads and how productions work in general.
I am looking for relevant info on production workflow-Thank you everyone!

What kind of turnaround time is the client expecting?

reQ

Don't know what else you want to hear? Set up was listed. Workflow was listed (even given suggestion numbering print jobs in VW for example)
Maybe i am missing something?

Thanks I have been working on this for months! I am quite aware that it could fizz out but I am working on this for a reason and I believe my reasons are solid. What the hell, sometimes things go south and I am not gambling all my eggs! I still have a viable business here and I will go after other markets once I get it going on that level. At least that is the plan. I have been tested and retested by them and I have not failed yet. Don't plan on failing if I get all of their business either.

A decal is a fancier way of saying sticker it doesn't suggest a size. I would say sticker usually denotes a small adhesive backed vinyl logo. Where as a decal could be anything from a small door logo decal or a large partial wrap.

Silvertip

Turnaround

At this time we have a 5 day turnaround policy here at the shop. One of my selling points is that I can produce quicker and lighter and leaner than their current decal manufacturer.
I am going to move that out some if we enter into this with them but it will be under 14 days.

Silvertip

What else?

Don't know what else you want to hear? Set up was listed. Workflow was listed (even given suggestion numbering print jobs in VW for example)
Maybe i am missing something?
Yep, there were a couple of posts that described set up scenerios. Thank you and I have noted them on my trusty notepad and I am looking into them in due fashion.
What else? There are probably a hundred different things that I COULD do. A couple were posted. I am collecting information so I want more if it is available. Or if the end users want to share their hard earned knowledge. Why did they go that route? Would they do anything different? Every scrap of information is useful if it is on topic. Believe me I am trying to look into as many different things that I can. Are some machines better than others-Warranties, break downs etc.

Christian @ 2CT Media

If this is the case, look at a used HP LX610 ($20,000) or LX850 ($50,000) with the dual roll option and a summa F1617 flatbed plotter for cutting. You can pump decals out about 1,000sqft /hr inside by side printing with (get a 200yrd holding laminator) laminate rolls in 30mins or so, and then flexcut out on the flatbed. 2 man operation and you can do a lot in a day.