Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for an automated workflow system!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Print & Cut Systems' started by Silvertip, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Silvertip

Silvertip Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.

Aug 15, 2012
    Minnesota
    Now that it is clear

Now that is clear what I am after....can we please stick relevant info? You can call them decals or stickers or THE decals. I have a serious inquiry here that is on a very large scope and I am really hoping to get relevant answers.
    Thank you all for participating but I think now after 15 posts that you all understand that I have a pretty big endeavor here and I am quite serious. Yep, I do know what I am getting into. I have done quite a bit of homework. This is not an overnight deal. I have worked towards this for years. So, lets move forward in that I do know that I need new equipment and lets assume that I do understand the scope of the workloads and how productions work in general.
    I am looking for relevant info on production workflow-Thank you everyone!

2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    What kind of turnaround time is the client expecting?

3. reQ

reQ Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Canada
    Don't know what else you want to hear? Set up was listed. Workflow was listed (even given suggestion numbering print jobs in VW for example)
    Maybe i am missing something?

4. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA

A decal is a fancier way of saying sticker it doesn't suggest a size. I would say sticker usually denotes a small adhesive backed vinyl logo. Where as a decal could be anything from a small door logo decal or a large partial wrap.

5. Silvertip

Aug 15, 2012
    Minnesota
    Turnaround

At this time we have a 5 day turnaround policy here at the shop. One of my selling points is that I can produce quicker and lighter and leaner than their current decal manufacturer.
    I am going to move that out some if we enter into this with them but it will be under 14 days.

6. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Now that I know you are looking at some serious production, i would look into getting a flatbed cutter like the Summa F-series, it can contour cut the vinyl then completely cut through the backer for you completely unattended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-49CZi_7vvQ

7. Silvertip

Aug 15, 2012
    Minnesota
    What else?

Yep, there were a couple of posts that described set up scenerios. Thank you and I have noted them on my trusty notepad and I am looking into them in due fashion.
    What else? There are probably a hundred different things that I COULD do. A couple were posted. I am collecting information so I want more if it is available. Or if the end users want to share their hard earned knowledge. Why did they go that route? Would they do anything different? Every scrap of information is useful if it is on topic. Believe me I am trying to look into as many different things that I can. Are some machines better than others-Warranties, break downs etc.

8. Silvertip

Aug 15, 2012
    Minnesota
    Summa

So far that is the leader as I mentioned earlier!

9. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    If this is the case, look at a used HP LX610 ($20,000) or LX850 ($50,000) with the dual roll option and a summa F1617 flatbed plotter for cutting. You can pump decals out about 1,000sqft /hr inside by side printing with (get a 200yrd holding laminator) laminate rolls in 30mins or so, and then flexcut out on the flatbed. 2 man operation and you can do a lot in a day.