• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for BRAILLE placards wholesale to the trade

firesignz

Celebrating 10 Years in business
Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable wholesale to trade ONLY supplier of braille placard signs? I have a few school districts in my local area that are interested in updating their buildings this summer to come up to ADA compliance and it is not really something I have had a need to provide in the past.

Please let me know who you have used, and your experience with them - good bad or otherwise.

Thanks all!

2B

Before recommendation can happen, need to know the type of ADA construction you are looking for
  • Raster Beads
  • Photopolymer
  • Aluminum
  • ETC.
are you looking for "standard" or "custom"
color, shape, design, function (room ID, changeable information, exterior grade, vandal resistant, etc.)

These type of projects should have SPEC SHEETS and/ or DRAWINGS that need to be read before bidding.

firesignz

They don't know that - they gave me a picture of what they have currently and want a price to replace some - if the price is right they will replace ALL of them in the building. This is what they gave me... not my usual type of item

Attachments

• 20190514_132155.jpg
    20190514_132155.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 161

2B

That looks like CNC into a piece of White/Blue Plastic or Acrylic.

FYI: you need to check that braille closely, to make sure the current signs are compliant with ADA.
703.3 Braille. Braille shall be contracted (Grade 2) and shall comply with 703.3 and 703.4.
703.3.1 Dimensions and Capitalization. Braille dots shall have a domed or rounded shape and
shall comply with Table 703.3.1. The indication of an uppercase letter or letters shall only be used
before the first word of sentences, proper nouns and names, individual letters of the alphabet,
initials, and acronyms.

firesignz

That looks like CNC into a piece of White/Blue Plastic or Acrylic.

FYI: you need to check that braille closely, to make sure the current signs are compliant with ADA.
703.3 Braille. Braille shall be contracted (Grade 2) and shall comply with 703.3 and 703.4.
703.3.1 Dimensions and Capitalization. Braille dots shall have a domed or rounded shape and
shall comply with Table 703.3.1. The indication of an uppercase letter or letters shall only be used
before the first word of sentences, proper nouns and names, individual letters of the alphabet,
initials, and acronyms.
That is correct - these would be Grade 2 - which thankfully for number signs are simple as there are no contraction symbols for numbers - they are 1 to 1 use with a # in front