• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for bronze (brown) x 10' long

CES020

Greeting all. I have a request for a blank sign to go into the face of a box that's backlit. The bulbs are burned out, so they have no light while the blank will be installed. I've done a couple of these for customers at this location, that had names on them, and I used white acrylic and painted and they worked fine. However, the painting for me is a real pain. I'm not setup to do it, so after the last one, I swore I'd never paint another one.

I thought about sheet vinyl, just plow it down over the substrate and move on, but I can't find the right color brown. You know what dibond and others call "Bronze", but most of us look at it and say "That's dark brown".

The dibond or similar isn't offered in that color in 10 ft lengths, that I can find.

Any suggestions on the least expensive way to get that "bronze" color over 4' x 9' of substrate? I don't print, so printing it would run me a fair amount of money. I'll go that route if I have to, but I'm hoping someone's got a better idea.

Anyone? :)

Dzrt1st

Sounds like you're looking for "Duranodic" Bronze vinyl such as 3M's 220-69(also made by other vinyl manufacturers).

FWIW,
Todd

CES020

Yes, that's the color, duranodic!

I have found painted aluminum in the "bronze", so I think that'll work just fine for a blank.

petrosgraphics

alupanel now makes a bronze 3mm panel in 10'.... just got am e-mail today from my

supplier.....they did not have the pricing avail., thinking it would be around $100.00

CES020

Thanks for that, I'll have to look into that. I'd much rather use that than a sheet of aluminum.

Thanks!