Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for bronze (brown) x 10' long

Discussion in 'Materials' started by CES020, Oct 22, 2010.

1. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    Greeting all. I have a request for a blank sign to go into the face of a box that's backlit. The bulbs are burned out, so they have no light while the blank will be installed. I've done a couple of these for customers at this location, that had names on them, and I used white acrylic and painted and they worked fine. However, the painting for me is a real pain. I'm not setup to do it, so after the last one, I swore I'd never paint another one.

I thought about sheet vinyl, just plow it down over the substrate and move on, but I can't find the right color brown. You know what dibond and others call "Bronze", but most of us look at it and say "That's dark brown".

The dibond or similar isn't offered in that color in 10 ft lengths, that I can find.

Any suggestions on the least expensive way to get that "bronze" color over 4' x 9' of substrate? I don't print, so printing it would run me a fair amount of money. I'll go that route if I have to, but I'm hoping someone's got a better idea.

Anyone? :)

Tags:
  2. Dzrt1st

Dzrt1st Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Sounds like you're looking for "Duranodic" Bronze vinyl such as 3M's 220-69(also made by other vinyl manufacturers).

FWIW,
    Todd

3. CES020

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    Yes, that's the color, duranodic!

I have found painted aluminum in the "bronze", so I think that'll work just fine for a blank.

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I usually use 3m translucent duranodic for the bronze look...the sheen makes the bronze better...but its 'spensive...

5. petrosgraphics

petrosgraphics Member

Feb 24, 2010
    cape cod, ma
    alupanel now makes a bronze 3mm panel in 10'.... just got am e-mail today from my

supplier.....they did not have the pricing avail., thinking it would be around $100.00

6. CES020

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    Thanks for that, I'll have to look into that. I'd much rather use that than a sheet of aluminum.

Thanks!