• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for camouflage pattern

biggmann

I have two customers that want to wrap parts of their trucks in camouflage (got to love Duck Dynasty) and each want something like the realtree pattern. I have several regular camo patterns that I can tile but I cant find anything like realtree stuff. Does anyone know where to get it?

edgette

I wouldn't suggest taking it from Realtree.

In the most recent Fellers catalog I received, they had Mossy Oak for sale by the yard/roll. I don't recall the price or if they had Realtree but it would be a better route to take and give you a good product to work with instead of stealing some mediocre quality images online.

biggmann

Thank you everyone for the info, I think I may just order some vinyl in, the one customer came in today and wants a mossy oak pattern now so I am going to show him what we can get and be done with it.

edgette

I just checked my Fellers book and they say they stock the mossy oak break up, obsession and infinity. It also shows an additional 9 patterns that you can get. The prices look pretty fair too.

rjssigns

I did perf for windows on a hunting "shack". Told the guy to bring me shots of the woods around it. See where I'm going with this? He was thrilled with the final product. Waiting to do his truck. He always parks in the same spot so...

biggmann

had never heard of Fellers so I did a search and they seem to sell a lot of good stuff. Being in Canada though I doubt they will ship here (which is the usual) so I will have to see if one of our suppliers can order in the vinyl but I doubt it, it seems we are always behind in getting the newest and greatest products, I still cant order carbon fibre vinyl in 60 inch widths.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I don't like those name brand camo patterns for vehicles because the repeating pattern is so visible and looks silly. (not much of a camouflage) They were designed for clothing and gun stocks...nothing larger than 18" or so. So by the time it get's on a vehicle...it's repeating like crazy.
Bush wolf makes patterns made for large areas and the most popular is "Oak Ambush". I got those on Aurora Graphics .net Not sure that they are everyone's favorite place...but I really like the Bushwolf camo patterns.

Attachments

• Ford Camo.jpg
    Ford Camo.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 122

deegrafix

So I was going to print a little piece of realtree for a friend that wants his lawnmower to match his other stuff. The official website let me download a tile and work with it on the computer but it won't print. Would this be an embedded copyright protection of some kind? There didn't seem to be any way to buy the artwork....

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Embedded or not, what you are attempting to do is illegal theft and use of a copyrighted image. They do not "sell" the image, they license it for use on authorized products. You would have to apply as a manufacturer, describing exactly what you will be making, how many, the materials, etc. If accepted probably will need to send them production samples, then pay a hefty licensing fee.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps

I swear I am NOT trying to be a jerk...but I clicked this link and saw the "camo" pattern in there...and it is Completely HIDEOUS!
There's no [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Realistic Detail" [/FONT]that I see either.
Again...in this industry we all have our own opinions, but I would pee my pants laughing if I saw a truck with this pattern on it, it's THAT bad.
Sorry if I offended you but there is a sense of prejudice against bad "clipart" in these here forums and that pattern fits the mold. Again...sorry.

J Hill Designs

which one did you look at?

I swear I am NOT trying to be a jerk...but I clicked this link and saw the "camo" pattern in there...and it is Completely HIDEOUS!
There's no [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Realistic Detail" [/FONT]that I see either.
Again...in this industry we all have our own opinions, but I would pee my pants laughing if I saw a truck with this pattern on it, it's THAT bad.
Sorry if I offended you but there is a sense of prejudice against bad "clipart" in these here forums and that pattern fits the mold. Again...sorry.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

You were directed to one of my websites and I have to ask whether we are talking about the eight "natural camouflage" seamless tiles here or some of the 68 camouflage tiles of different types shown here.

The eight natural camo tiles were actually developed in part right here four years ago and received some helpful and positive input from a number of Signs 101 members as shown in this thread. To avoid confusion, please take a moment to read the thread.

If we're talking about photo based camo ... what this thread is about, I am happy to stand behind the eight photo based images as being worth consideration subject to the taste of the user and as having been very successful commercially. If we're talking about the non-photographic military style patterns, I can only reply that I don't think those are what Malkin was suggesting for the OP and neither would I.

sar bossier

I did perf for windows on a hunting "shack". Told the guy to bring me shots of the woods around it. See where I'm going with this? He was thrilled with the final product. Waiting to do his truck. He always parks in the same spot so...

We, too create our own camo with client provided pics - Have so far done 3 versions of the woods, and 1 "duck blind" camo print created from scratch - I have pictures of these jobs on my business facebook page ...