• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Canadian Supplier of Carbon Fiber Vinyl

EMSbyDay

I've got a group of car owners looking for some carbon fiber vinyl to wrap either parts of their car, or interior trim bits. I usually order through AGS or ND, however dont see anything listed in their product lists.

Does anyone know of any Canadian ( Ontario preferably ) suppliers of CF film, whether 3M DiNoc, Oracal 975, or other...

Thanks

CentralSigns

Proveer sells it. I think they are in Ont as well. They sell Avery. They have black carbon weave SF-100-174-S and a silver version. Hope that helps.

signwizz

i have both charts and dont think they offer carbon fibre only avery the only other might be coburn special effects vinyl but wont be good to wrap its a mylar film not vinyl
shane

EMSbyDay

Just spoke to a woman at Proveer. They offer the Coburn by the yard in 24" which is great although she said it was a 2.8mil vinyl, not mylar. Oh well, they are sending me a sample, we'll see how it goes.

EMSbyDay

Correction, she said it was an R-Tape product. Is that the same as the Coburn line? I am used to only dealing with Oracal, 3M, and *cough*Avery*cough*

gabagoo

it is the same. It is a premium outdoor quality although I do not know its capabilities for wrapping. I would think if you had to wrap the stuff, why not just print it or get it printed for you on the proper film.

EMSbyDay

I'd like to stay away from printing as a printed pattern looks the same no matter what anglee you look at it, whereas some pre-made CF vinyls are I believed stamped, and the look changes based on viewing angle, more like regular vinyl.

That being said, if there's someone else here from the GTA who thinks they do a great printed CF and wants to send me a small sample, I'll certainly consider ordering more if its as good or better.

EMSbyDay

Ya, I got a sample of the Vinylefx stuff from Proveer. To look at it it looks pretty decent, but its a metalized film and dosn't cut super nice and there's no way its conforming/sticking over tight or complex curves.

Think I've found a canadian dealer for 3M Di-Noc though.

Anyone want in on a roll if I can get a good price for a long roll?

MichaelAlmand

go with the oracal 975 carbon fibre talk to Keith at expresssignproducts.com they are great to deal with and oracal is a better product.

grafxxx

this product is good on flat surfaces i have wrapped a customers roof. but i had to laminate the carbon vinyl on top of regular vinyl to make it bend. and if it wrinkles a little bit it is very noticeable. 3m actually make a carbon fiber materiel for sale have not used it but seen it advertised in the sign mags.

EMSbyDay

AGS did not have what I was looking for. I've called them before for for stuff like the 970 and they said they'd order me some but only a whole full sized roll at over $1000. Not willing to drop that on a product I've never seen or tried.