• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Chrome vinyl

Ken

Apparently Avery Graphics has a new line of chrome vinyl for wrapping.
I think it is www.averygraphics.com
Cheers! Ken
It's actually Avery Dennison and the product is called Conform Chrome.

Last edited:
C

ColoPrinthead

Does anyone have a recommendation for something similar to Avery SF-100-843-S conform chrome that will apply to sintra? My Avery rep is telling me not to use either of their chrome options for a trade show booth my Art Director wants to use.

Anicom

I have some of the Avery Chrome here for a project (to be applied to a metal sculpture) I just tried a bit on some sintra it seems to stick very well. the only thing is that you can see every pieces of texture in the finish and any knicks or divots would stand out like a sore thumb. very nice product though

mudmedia

I just got a call yesterday for chrome vinyl that is chrome on the adhesive side as well so we could reverse cut it and stick it on glass for a mirror on the inside. Anyone know if this is possible?

rjssigns

Does anyone have a recommendation for something similar to Avery SF-100-843-S conform chrome that will apply to sintra? My Avery rep is telling me not to use either of their chrome options for a trade show booth my Art Director wants to use.

Odd they would say that. If it sticks to cars you think it would work, no?
Or are they saying you can't use it because they don't want you to?

C

ColoPrinthead

Odd they would say that. If it sticks to cars you think it would work, no?
Or are they saying you can't use it because they don't want you to?
I have no idea. I guess the rep is concerned about it being damaged and the glare (the glare is why it's being used). The rep is not from the industry. I was surprised when told not to do it.

Anicom, I appreciate your feed back, you're awesome!

Anicom

no problem...one other word of caution, it ain't cheap! I paid $107/yd for 48" this eliminated some heavy duty polishing that still wouldn't have looked as good. OUr Avery rep said a gold version is on its way soon

C

ColoPrinthead

That's pretty expensive, but this is a 100% creative driven project and it's not my budget to worry about.

MikeD

I've seen the colored chrome wrap material that 3M is coming out with and it's expensive. It made me wonder if buying cast white and printing 100% coverage with Mimaki's or Roland's metallic inks would work. Those inks will rub off with light thumb pressure, so I quit using them. However, I think all wraps are laminated so the lam would keep the metallic ink safe...as you can tell, I do not have any experience with wraps. We do mostly decals, doming, acrylic and magnets.

Anicom- when I'm not working, I do lots of sculpting; wood, plastics and metal thats welded and cast... can you post a pic of the Sculpture you wrapped, please?

Thanks!

Mosh

I just got a call yesterday for chrome vinyl that is chrome on the adhesive side as well so we could reverse cut it and stick it on glass for a mirror on the inside. Anyone know if this is possible?

Oracal's chrome is on both sides, I think Gerber's (3M) is too.