• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for clear or transparent printable vinyl

Andy D

We use Oracal 3651 clear. Works well with our Rolands

Mark

Same here. I originally switched from a 3M clear to Oracal 3651 because, at the time,
we were applying a print, then diffuser, and then another print for our backlit signs.
The 3M was too thin it would stretch when we applied the second print & get out of register.
The Oracal is thicker and more stable and I haven't had any issues with it, so haven't seen a reason to change
even though we no longer have to double layer.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I also use a lot of 3651 clear although I have noticed it wants to shrink a bit. For a translucent vinyl, I use Oracal 3850 as well.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Same here. I originally switched from a 3M clear to Oracal 3651 because, at the time,
we were applying a print, then diffuser, and then another print for our backlit signs.
The 3M was too thin it would stretch when we applied the second print & get out of register.
The Oracal is thicker and more stable and I haven't had any issues with it, so haven't seen a reason to change
even though we no longer have to double layer.

Which 3M product were you using?
Sounds like a 8xxx range which are 50µm from memory.
IJ40-114 is 75µm like the Oracal 3651 which is much easier to apply and doesn't stretch easily.