• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for constructive critisim of new web site

Team Valhalla

We're inching closer to launching a new site for the kart racing side of our business. I know most of you may know beans about karting, but you're all... okay, most are pretty sharp eyed and have opinions.

I'm interested in user thoughts as to how user friendly it is/isn't, how it flows, how the products are displayed, product info, etc.

There are still a few products that need to be filled in yet, but it's mostly there, so you should be able to get the general idea.

We haven't spent alot of time yet on the check out process, so don't be too rough there. Maybe some suggestions as to what you like/don't like in this part of sites that you've been to.

Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to the site... http://team-valhalla.myshopify.com/

SP

xxaxx

First off im viewing with my phone so maybe there are things not translating well ... But i have two main things on the shop page
i see strange.

First, on the shop page, there isnt a next/previous page on the bottom so i scroll down then have to scroll back up to ho to the next page, fairly annoying.

Next, i think things are grouped weird on the products .. you have it alphabetical but then have somethings named by product type like axel, and others named by brand like bell helmet ... So the grouping of items are all over the place.

Thats my .02cents. :)

Team Valhalla

Is that "wow" in a bad way, or "wow" I want to get into karting and I want to buy everything from you that I need to get started?

SP

signswi

Shopify is a nice starter ecommerce platform but buy a custom domain. The cost is negligible and it presents a much more professional image, which will convert better. Also gives you the ability to use that domain for your business email, which you should be, as isp/free email providers also look very chintzy to clients.

Also make sure to go through this shopify wiki post and make changes as necessary.

HulkSmash

it's pretty bad.I think what really kills it, is that banner you have at the top. It's tacky, and doesn't stretch with screen resolutions... or for all on that matter.

try simplifying that.

Team Valhalla

Signswi...

Thanks for taking the time to look it over. We currently have a site up and running under our domain valhallaracing.com and our emails come that way also. When we're ready to put up the new site, we'll switch the domain name over, so that it has the look you're referring to.

Coloradosigns...

Thanks for the input, we'll take a look at addressing that.

SP