• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for equipment need advice

glassmom

What machinery is really necessary for wrapping cars. We are looking at the Roland versacam and the Mimaki jV3 or 5. We will also use these for other applications. Printing large maps etc. We have Adobe Creative Suite in place. What other software would be helpful? Do we need a sign program such as sign wizard? Also, we are having trouble finding car templates. Help please

iSign

I have a 63" Mimaki JV3, & also have Adobe's CS2... but I wouldn't want to be without Flexi sign pro. It is a great program for many things, (as Fred told me so often before I checked for myself) but especially valuable now that I have the printer because I would have needed to buy RIP software & Flexi Pro has adequate RIP software included. If you get the Roland, you will probably get RIP software, but I prefer the Mimaki & needed something like Flexi.

Also agree with Fred on the laminator, especially for wraps, it's a must. I got the 63" GBC Arctic Titan