Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Feedback on the EZY TAPER

Discussion in 'Laminators' started by Speedsterbeast, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Speedsterbeast

Speedsterbeast Active Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Thunder Bay
    Just got back from the ISA Show in Vegas, and watched a demo of the Ezy Taper. I was very impressed. It's sort of reverse technology, as it is mechanical only with no electric components. Looks great for mounting and taping for sure, but I'm wondering if the claims of it being a great laminator are true as well. It's a bit pricey at $7,500 but it has a five year warranty and the guy ran diamond plate with rivets sticking out the back and the rollers didn't show a scratch. I'm seriously considering one.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

Tags:
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I've never used one, but I watched the video online, in the times it took them to laminate roll to roll, I could have laminated 10 times the amount, looks like a lot of setup time.

3. Speedsterbeast

Speedsterbeast Active Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Thunder Bay
    I thought so too, but I've onlu used a big squeegee and never an electric laminator so my experience is limited

4. VTG

VTG Member

Mar 11, 2013
    I have no experience with the Ezy Taper, but it looks way too time consuming. We use our Royal Sovereign machine everyday. Much quicker and easier than the Ezy Taper (based on what i saw demonstrated on a youtube video). My advice would be to save up and buy yourself a real laminating machine.