• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Fluorescent to LED retrofit bulbs

Signsforwhile

I've seen them around but don't know who carries them! Basically they are LED strips that fit into HO fluorescent sockets.

Need ones up to 10'

KingofProcrasta

I use these guys: Eastern Electronics, Gary Anderson, 919-906-2675.
I just ordered enough T8 LED conversion lights to finish my shop. They are much brighter than the gas bulbs. I ordered clear, 4100K.

I use these guys: Eastern Electronics, Gary Anderson, 919-906-2675.
I just ordered enough T8 LED conversion lights to finish my shop. They are much brighter than the gas bulbs. I ordered clear, 4100K.

That's interesting. When you say brighter, do you mean when you look at the light source/fixture it is brighter? Or is the usable light brighter, i.e. table tops and surrounding (8' out side to side) light being thrown from the lamp in comparison to T8 & T12's? You should grab yourself a light meter and do before and after measurements. it might surprise you, especially measuring 3 months after the initial light measurements from your change over. If you have a friend with a spectrometer, then you can make it even far more interesting to capture the color shift over a period of time.

KingofProcrasta

That's interesting. When you say brighter, do you mean when you look at the light source/fixture it is brighter? Or is the usable light brighter, i.e. table tops and surrounding (8' out side to side) light being thrown from the lamp in comparison to T8 & T12's? You should grab yourself a light meter and do before and after measurements. it might surprise you, especially measuring 3 months after the initial light measurements from your change over. If you have a friend with a spectrometer, then you can make it even far more interesting to capture the color shift over a period of time.

Usable light appears brighter. I don't have a way to measure the ambient light other than my own perception. I couldn't afford to replace all the T8 gas bulbs with LED in my shop first round so I have had side by side comparison. The LEDs are much brighter on the work areas. Hopefully they're the last bulbs I'll have to buy, remains to be seen, at least they're becoming more affordable, $37 ea.
http://www.ledtronics.com/Products/..._length=48&led_color=Natural+White&lens=Clear