• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Glow in the dark Vinyl

jfiscus

Rap Master
I think this was brought up a month ago, and there was no supplier found for all the different colors.
I would recommend getting the Gerber Luminous punched vinyl and Edging on transparent colors to get what you're after.

rturner381

What kind of GLOW longevity do you need? The phosphorescent has a yellow tint to it, as you know. Therefore, applying transparent films will change the color of the transparent film.

MikePro

i haven't tried it, but I can only imagine that applying transluscent films to glow in the dark vinyl will not only diffuse the glow but inhibit the material from recharging as well... effectively killing the glow in the dark effect.

I think that's why you always just see the yellow/green glow in the dark in other products, because manufacturers don't bother dulling the glow effect with tints.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are you looking for luminescent vinyl that glows in the dark if the lights go out ... or are you looking for reflective vinyl that gives a bright reflection when car headlights hit it?

Tyler Durden

Vinyl that "glows in the dark" but also comes in other colors then traditional green. I have considered laminating trans colors over the green but I mean that's not really idea production or efficiency.

Someone in the usa must have it, I do see some listings on alibaba for colored phosphor films.

MakeMyGraphic

nope

I've looked... it is VERY expensive to begin with and the glow in the dark part of it wont really last very long...

what will be it's final intended use? If it's to line a hallway in the dark for example I would go for NEON colored vinyls and then install an LED Blacklight to create that effect after hours hahaha....

it's not really glow in the dark but it works :)

I got an LED blacklight for $20 shipped once... still sitting on it with no clue what I am going to do with it though what I just mentioned sounds like a fun idea for a kid's room haha

AnthonyRalano

glow.jpg Fellers

DizzyMarkus

Just used the "green" from Fellers-- althoguht very expensive and thick to cut -- it glowed very bright --- but not to awful long lol

Markus

Biker Scout

It's not like it's a hot commodity here. It expensive and has very limited usage. You should order some from that supplier. They only required a 10 sq meter minimum purchase.

The one use that has good commercial, (albeit limited in scope) is anything to do with blacklights. Like a rave/party scene or blacklight indoor mini-golf. Those places usually use tempra fluorescent paints. So, most of the time the designs, and signage are all hand painted and usually ugly splashes. With the ability to cut the vinyl, I can see this being more profitable to a sign shop.