• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for help! New to this

sean franklin

I just recently purchased a cutter and am trying find places online to download svg files for sticker projects like the ones they have at fairs and carnivals? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Jburns

you can do a google search for clipart - that you can purchase. or google the image you are looking for with "svg" or ".eps" in the description. Results and image quality of whats online will vary GREATLY.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
SVG files are vector image files descibed by a text format based on XML. SVG is used for displaying vector graphics on the web. I usually convert them to .ai files and use Adobe Illustrator (Corel Draw works fine too). Vector files can be found all over the internet, and licenses can be purchased from the suppliers. Many free vector files are also available. Some, like those from "Brands of the World", do not include licenses, and you must seek permission to use the files from the copyright owners. You can also vectorize files using Adobe Illustrator (and other programs), but that will not release you from copyright restrictions.

I only cut vinyl for translucent backlit signs, specialty graphics (SignGold, reflective, etc.) window lettering, and some vehicle graphics. For stickers and the majority of signs intended for short term use (most commercial signs) I use vendors such as Sticker Mule and Signs 101. I can't touch their prices doing it myself!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Hey there, I see from the zip code that you're a Yooper. I'm from the "cuff of the Mitten".

JB