Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for help! New to this

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sean franklin, Sep 1, 2019.

1. sean franklin

sean franklin New Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I just recently purchased a cutter and am trying find places online to download svg files for sticker projects like the ones they have at fairs and carnivals? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Tags:
  2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    you can do a google search for clipart - that you can purchase. or google the image you are looking for with "svg" or ".eps" in the description. Results and image quality of whats online will vary GREATLY.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kcollinsdesign

kcollinsdesign Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Normal, Illinois
    SVG files are vector image files descibed by a text format based on XML. SVG is used for displaying vector graphics on the web. I usually convert them to .ai files and use Adobe Illustrator (Corel Draw works fine too). Vector files can be found all over the internet, and licenses can be purchased from the suppliers. Many free vector files are also available. Some, like those from "Brands of the World", do not include licenses, and you must seek permission to use the files from the copyright owners. You can also vectorize files using Adobe Illustrator (and other programs), but that will not release you from copyright restrictions.

I only cut vinyl for translucent backlit signs, specialty graphics (SignGold, reflective, etc.) window lettering, and some vehicle graphics. For stickers and the majority of signs intended for short term use (most commercial signs) I use vendors such as Sticker Mule and Signs 101. I can't touch their prices doing it myself!

4. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Hey there, I see from the zip code that you're a Yooper. I'm from the "cuff of the Mitten".

JB

5. scott dunacn

scott dunacn adgrafix

Aug 27, 2018
    alabama
    go to vectorstock.com

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

:welcome: 2 :signs101smilie: from OK.
    I lived in Marquette MI from 1976 - 78.