• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for help on purchase of used HP315

rcook99

I am going to look at a 2016 HP 315 from the original owner. It has been kept in an extremely clean shop that didn’t use it much per a personal friends information that works at the shop. It is not a sign shop they primarily do embroidery and heat pressing. It has been serviced by an HP tech and had a new print head out in it two years ago. Looking to see what it’s worth as they want me to make an offer for it. Hoping you guys can help.

I currently run a Mutoh 1204.

8B87EFD2-769E-447E-837C-0FFEB7982EBB.jpeg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Ask how much it has been run. It needs to be turned on and checked in the web server.
It's not really shy of a new one if used very little so... You might need new printheads and maybe fresh set of ink.
I think it's pretty good deal if you get it half the price of new one.

rcook99

Ask how much it has been run. It needs to be turned on and checked in the web server.
It's not really shy of a new one if used very little so... You might need new printheads and maybe fresh set of ink.
I think it's pretty good deal if you get it half the price of new one.
Thanks for your input but paying half price for a 6 year old printer seems high not knowing its history other than what I am being told. It's been a while since I bought a used printer. :)

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Thanks for your input but paying half price for a 6 year old printer seems high not knowing its history other than what I am being told. It's been a while since I bought a used printer. :)
Well sure yeah, get it cheaper why not! $4-5k is what I was thinking so lets say you get it for $2k that's a steal.
I just don't think that it matters if it's 6 years old if it works fine and is a low usage unit. You replace printheads&inks anyways and it's like a new one.
By the picture it doesn't look like a trashed, not taken care of a unit.

And with these machines you check the logs you can see the "history" of it as well as the previous and current errors etc.

Last edited:

rcook99

Well sure yeah, get it cheaper why not! $4-5k is what I was thinking so lets say you get it for $2k that's a steal.
I just don't think that it matters if it's 6 years old if it works fine and is a low usage unit. You replace printheads&inks anyways and it's like a new one.
By the picture it doesn't look like a trashed, not taken care of a unit.

And with these machines you check the logs you can see the "history" of it as well as the previous and current errors etc.
Well I was told they are repurposing the room and want it out. So hopefully I can get it for 2K or less. Do you happen to know the cost of replacing print head or heads and ink cost? Sorry for the questions as I have been in solvent with my Mutoh but have heard latex is a great product. I am a small shop so don't want to spend a ton on a printer that does not get used daily. Also how are they if they sit compared to solvent? Thanks again for taking the time to help me out much appreciated. :thankyou:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well I was told they are repurposing the room and want it out. So hopefully I can get it for 2K or less. Do you happen to know the cost of replacing print head or heads and ink cost? Sorry for the questions as I have been in solvent with my Mutoh but have heard latex is a great product. I am a small shop so don't want to spend a ton on a printer that does not get used daily. Also how are they if they sit compared to solvent? Thanks again for taking the time to help me out much appreciated. :thankyou:
One printhead ~$125 and it has 6.
Ink is something like $150 and there's 7 of those.

Usually these sit a lot better than solvent. When you don't use it, it won't do any cleaning or really anything.

rcook99

One printhead ~$125 and it has 6.
Ink is something like $150 and there's 7 of those.

Usually these sit a lot better than solvent. When you don't use it, it won't do any cleaning or really anything.
Went to check it out this afternoon. Printer is clean and they are still on the first set of inks. Gonna take some prints down next week and run some test prints. If all checks out then I will make them an offer.

depps74

Get it for 2k put an Hp warranty on it if you have any issues
Check the rails that they are lubricated, those are not replaceable and if they didn't use it much its probable they perhaps did not know or forgot to run that maintenance. The oil drys out over time....

rcook99

(Phew!. I have Signlab 9, too, but really dislike it! Onyx I find way better. Plus Corel.)
I have Corel and also don’t like Signlab when it comes to printing. I prefer Corel into something like Flexi. So I’m thinking about learning Flexi and may move over to that if I buy the printer.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I don't think you are going to be able to get it under contract, it's been out for so long. For that it's something like $1500 a year.

rcook99

Update - Well after a few months I finally got an answer. They are wanting $3,500 for it with 2 unused rolls of 13oz banner still in the carton along with a roll around rack for media rolls. There are also partial rolls of different media on the stand as well. I just requested the usage log to verify its lack of use per the marketing guy. Understand that I don't run my Mutoh every day as my business is not strictly signs. (Embroidery, Screen Printing & Signs)

rcook99

I don't think you are going to be able to get it under contract, it's been out for so long. For that it's something like $1500 a year.
Here is the usage on that HP 315 printer I posted about. I have never had a printer that allowed me to check usage. Is this a lot of use?

Attachments

• Usage-07072022.JPEG
    Usage-07072022.JPEG
    170.2 KB · Views: 100