• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for help

MODCreations

Hi i was given a Gerber Envision 375 and have no CDS for install,drivers,extra ....

Anyone have them that could make me a copy , willing to pay for them of course.... Also I have a Gerber Edge 2 and it says in the help you can use this Envision with the edge anyone know how to do that? I mean make a project/design go from computer to Envision or from comp/Edge 2/Envision and help is greatly appricated....

Also I get this error meg also:

Communication error spooling ~tmp6312.TMP(40)

Anyone know what this is?

Thanks Mike

Service Sign Co

If you are in Omega there should be no problem. USB connections with the plotter may need to go to GSP for driver download Don't know what software have The Plotter & printer is in the setup in Omega, no drivers are needed unless you have a very old version of Graphic Advantage

Last edited:

ndemond

Communication error spooling ~tmp6312.TMP(40)

Your plotter is not communicating with the computer. No driver no communication, if you have a legit copy of omega you should be able to find drivers on the install disc. Or a gerber download. Not at the shop right now so i can't tell you the specifics on setting up plotter. Did you try letting windows find the device? Wish I could help more but the guy I got my plotter from had the install disc and when I switched to Omega the set up was the same, didn't have to reinstall the device.

MODCreations

ndemond thanks for the reply....

Not sure if the software is legit or not I was given this stuff from a family friend and trying to get it to work... I have no disks what so ever... I have Omega 2.0 installed that is what it says...

How do I fix it without drivers? I mean making the comp communicate with the plotter?

Will windows 98SE pick it up? Would simply getting the updates off of Gerber help?

Sorry very new to all this stuff...

Mike

ndemond

I don't think Omega will even work with '98. You should have got a dongle with your copy of Omega if not the software will not work and your out of luck trying to get help form Gerber without one. Pirated software is frowned upon on this sight as everyone here has paid an enormous out of pocket expense for their design and production software. If purchased legit you also get the support you need.

I does sound like you got the computer with the software already loaded? If so if the plotter worked before it was disconnected it should work now. Somewhere in Omega it asks you to select the device and if the plotter is listed there and the driver make sure it is selected. Not much help, but its hard to go through the steps without the program in front of me.

MODCreations

Yeah I have a doogle, would they help me even though I am not the original buyer of the software? Yes the software was already installed and I have all the cables and everything with it...It is sounding right to maybe I am wrong but maybe I need the original install disk to fix it which like I said I don't have any disks with this stuff.... Do you know were to get a copy of the install disk from?

Mike

Service Sign Co

You don't need any drivers with Onega Device setup add printer add plotter.The will also give you support on that hardware,you need the serial #'s for them

Last edited:

signage

You need the correct serial cable for the plotter and the parallel port needs to be ECP for the printer.
you could also try going to 4edgetalk.com you must register to this site with your real name, they are mostly edge users. You could also get Signlab and run them from it.