Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for high quality mirror vinyl

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by Bynnossy, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Bynnossy

Bynnossy New Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Amsterdam
    I am looking for high quality mirror vinyl that really look likes a mirror. The backside of the vinyl is not important, because nobody will see that.

I have the 3M 7755-420 mirror silver, what costs over € 70,- per meter but it’s hard to apply perfectly and the mirror effect only looks good from a distance of 10 cm. (see photo)

I think my expectations where to high of this vinyl. Is there not a wrap film with good mirror effect? That is at least way easier to apply.
    Suggestions are welcome.

Attached Files:

2. AKwrapguy

AKwrapguy Active Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Anchorage, AK
    You can look at an architectural film maybe? Something like Di-Noc or another supplier.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JoeDG

JoeDG Wide format trainer and creative enthusiast

Jul 16, 2018
    Bristol - UK
    • Like Like x 1
  4. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

If your goal is to make actual mirrors with sign vinyl, you won't find a product that will do that. That Aslan product sounds promising, as it's seemingly meant for the purpose you seek.

• Like Like x 1
  5. akuarela

akuarela Member

Jul 29, 2006
    Oklahoma
    What happens with the Aslan mirror vinyl, is that unfortunately is not available in the USA.

6. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Either ya want mirror vinyl, which has its drawbacks..... or ya want a mirror. Close only works in horseshoes and hand grenades.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  7. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Try installing that mirror vinyl on glass instead of whatever you are testing it on. You are likely seeing the imperfections in a sheet of aluminum or ACM, making it look rough any closer than 10cm.
    What is the end product you are after? Also, does your customer really want mirror/high polish, or do they just think they do, and is it possible they will be highly disappointed in the end result? I did polished letters on an exterior sign, which looked great, but it was by the interstate, intended to draw interstate traffic, and was totally illegible with all of the reflections... Replaced the faces with brushed aluminum ones at quite the cost.

8. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    I do not get it, if you want a mirror, buy one! Mirrored sign vinyl scuffs too easily and its not meant to use as a mirror I do not believe.

9. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    best i've seen in vinyl form, that doesn't have the pitting/warping appearance of your "typical" chrome vinyl.... is chrome window tint.

10. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Ah, but have you ever seen chrome vinyl stuck to glass?