Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for HT material I have apply with household iron

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by digitalhappy, Mar 20, 2013.

1. digitalhappy

digitalhappy New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    I posted this a few weeks ago but in a different forum (materials). I am reposting in hopes that this is the better forum....

I have a project I am working on and I am trying to source 2 different materials. 1 heat transfer and 1 just peel and stick. The end product will go on the inside of shirts and jackets so it needs to be washable. The size of the transfer will be small...maybe 1/4" x 1.5". It doesn't need to be 100% permenant but at least give me 6 months of wash and wear. I am looking for a heat transfer material that can be applied with a standard at-home iron NOT A HEAT PRESS. The end product will be in the public's hands. I am familiar with Stahls and Specialty Materials. any recommendations out there? The key is the the wash-ability and the heat transfer need to be able to be applies with an iron with fairly simple application steps. I am also looking for an adhesive material that can withstand the dishwasher and microwave. I appreciate any direction. Thanks!

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I've had success with gerbers heat transfer through the edge, applied with an iron.

3. digitalhappy

digitalhappy New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    thanks!! is there just 1 heat transfer material by gerber or is there a specific type?

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
  5. digitalhappy

digitalhappy New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    thanks!