• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for ICC Profile for mimaki JV2-160

Skye Graphics

Hi people, dos any body know how I can get ICC profile for the mimaki JV2-160, I did look on their website but was not help. I have flexisign pro 8.1 and it doesn't have on the profile list, any suggestion?

astro8

What inkset are you running?
Aqueous or solvent?
Aqueous profiles for OEM ink are also available on Flexi's site.

Skye Graphics

thanks but I have the JV3 color profile to, my print they coming out pretty close to my art on the screen I guest have to play with the setting on the production manager.
I am new to the digital printing and to the flexising pro...,
I am using orajet 3641

Bearcat

Jv 2 160 ii

I have this same printer. It has been sitting for a while and I am going to clean it up and try to get the thing printing.
I have a floppy disc that came with the printer and it is labeled as true ICC profiles for my printer. Mine was converted to use solvent, I am planning to use an Eco or mild solvent ( I think) I have not found any one or a supplier to advise on what inks to use for this printer and have been searching every where for someone else using one to give me some direction.
If you still need the profiles I will copy and pass them to you if you can use them.
Bearcat

Devo

hi kids ! I have a JV2-160 that has been converted to solvent using the TechInk Solvent system. I don't know if you guys are all still here or still have your printers relevant to this post or not but what the heck.

Someone may stumble over this one day !

We had real issues getting ours going due to the age of it of course and I really get sick of hearing "oh, one of those old things" hahahaha .... yes the heads are still available and they run on the same principles as the new ones do, but without massive lease payments, service contracts, and horrendous amounts of money for a head change.

We had to get an upgrade for the RIP first off so it would run in Win7, chose Photoprint version 6 point sumfin. Got this from CIELAB in Austalia for about $950 as an upgrade to our existing earlier version. Trying to run the existing RIP with an old pooter with Win 2000 was absolutely hopeless. Too much confusion and waaaaay too many conflicts caused us headache after headache. We got a tower pooter that still had a printer port and installed Win7, the new RIP and happy daze !

This gives you the ability to build your own ICC profiles to suit the different substrates. The main thing is to limit the ink drops and this is done EASILY following the prompts on the screen and some printouts.

The next step (haven't done it yet) is to set up a photospectrometer to do <insert foreign language here> whatever it does. I have the unit, but haven't found the need to get that particular with it :) I am happy with the results of the ink drops being limited and it's a bit of fun to create the new ones. I will probably have fantastic results when I figure out the photospectro thingy :)

Good luck to you !

ONYX-BERLIN

Hi to everybody in this great forum,

this is my first post so I quickly introduce myself, my name is Andreas, 29 years old and I live in Berlin.

I also own now a Mimaki JV-2 converted to Eco-Solvent and put a lot of money and time ro fix it up.

Now like so many others i am in desperate need for ICC profiles and I would really greatly apprceciate it if somebody would be so nice to help.

Please please!

Thank you and all the best

Andreas