• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for image

chopper

Hi,
I am looking for an image that is the same as Mike Paul's avatar, or at least the one he used, the eagle with the American flag on the side of his face,
I have found it in a jpeg image but was hoping for a scalable image, say eps or ai, it is for a special project that I am working on,
there is a little girl in Minneapolis Minnesota that is going to ride her horse across the state of Minnesota to raise money for the troops, her plan is to have a dude ranch/ vacation resort for vets and their families to go to for free, I have thus far donated all the lettering, a local car dealer donated a truck, a trailer place donated the horse trailer, a web designer donated his time, a web hosting service donated their server service, an insurance company donated the insurance, and food etc, etc, also this little girls mom recieved a phone call from the white house the other day, so it is kinda turning into a big deal, I think she is going to be on Oprah also
thanks , //chopper

Ken

Why not contact the original artist while you're at it? He/she might play ball...
Thou', I think that is kind of a fearsome image..
good luck
Ken

signage

Chopper I think the image is called "war eagle" and was created after 9/11. I do not know who the artist is and it is a hard one to find now. After 9/11 it was every where and I think the artist has removed it due to being used so freely. Good luck and hope this helped.

chopper

signage thanks for your help, with it I found the artist,
the image is called "War Paint" by Forrest Gladden
I left him an e-mail we will see what happens....
thanks//chopper

Pat Whatley

Dude, that picture could be so much better. That's really amateurish photoshop work (I call anything I can do in photoshop amateurish) Why not just remake it and spend the time (or money on an artist) to make a completely unique, new and better image? Then you'd have a lot more to show about your donation than "we printed some stickers".

Just my opinion...but that eagle with the photoshopped flag image on it looks like it took all of five minutes to do.

chopper

why does she need a horse trailer she is going to ride the horse across Minnesotta?
I guess it is because she is 12 years old and when it gets dark they will trailer the horse to a camp site so they are not on the road at night....
other than that I don't know I am not involved with the logistics of the trip
//chopper

chopper

Dude, that picture could be so much better. That's really amateurish photoshop work (I call anything I can do in photoshop amateurish) Why not just remake it and spend the time (or money on an artist) to make a completely unique, new and better image? Then you'd have a lot more to show about your donation than "we printed some stickers".

Just my opinion...but that eagle with the photoshopped flag image on it looks like it took all of five minutes to do.
Pat I may agree with you on this but it is not me that is driving this, the gentleman who donated the trailer requested it and was very adamant about it.
//chopper

chopper

I found Forrest L. Gladdens phone number and spoke to him today,
He gave me permission to use his art, and is sending me a copy that I can use
to create what I need, what a great guy he was discharged from the military just before 911 and after it happened he re enlisted... in my opinion that is quite heroic and patriotic, I respect the man...I don't know if I would do that if I were him,....well I would like to think I would anyway...
//chopper