• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for local Mimaki Tech to give estimate to repair my CVJ30 in Dallas,TX

mlathem1998

Ok, is there a tech in my area who can come look at my machine to give an estimate for repairs in Dallas, TX? I am at the end of the line with trying to get this dang thing fixed. I even had Dave, a mimaki tech who is on here from time to time on the phone stumped as to why my machine is acting like it is. For some reason I am getting an Error 205 47V Head Voltage after I replaced a ribbon cable to the head. Maybe my issue is a board now and at that point beyond my help to find out which one. I have tried a non-mimaki head, new ribbon cable, and even tried the old head and ribbon reinstalled and still no luck to clear the error 205. It seems every single time I think I will have the problem fixed I get another error or problem. So, think I need to bit the bullet, get a tech to come look at it, and just see what exactly it will take to get it fixed.

Thanks,

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Error 205 means a fuse was blown. You can change the head and cables all you want but it will always give you that error until you replace the fuse. If you get a tech, make sure you get one who has the know how to test your PCBs with electronic testing equipment.

mlathem1998

I looked at the only two fuses I could find on the machine. The two fuses next to the power connection inside the panel. There is a larger clear fuse and a solid white fuse. Both look ok, so is there another fuse somewhere else on the machine, or which of the two should I just go ahead an replace?