• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for local printers, short runs. Delaware

Boomer

We do mainly embroidery and cut vinyl, we have a few customers that still come to us for printing. I had a local shop do our small runs but he sold his printer. Looking for someone in or close to central Delaware to work with.
Thank You for any help.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Maybe it's time to look closely at your numbers and see if they warrant getting your own machine and branching out further.

Tyrell is in your area,

Boomer

Gino, we had a Roland printer from Tyrrell Tech, great company. We sold it to focus more on apparel.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Why Deleware? Are you planning on driving over and picking the printing up yourself? There are plenty of wholesale to the trade printing vendors that will roll your graphics into a tube and send it to you for less money than it costs for you to walk from your desk and start your car.

Boomer

Yes, absolutely considering driving and picking them up. I can combine trips to make it feasible as Delaware is a small state. I'm not ruling out shipping but prefer local. Delaware or even most of the Eastern Shore of Maryland is not a difficult drive.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
For me to drive twenty minutes each way and pick up anything costs my company $10 - $15 (60.8¢/mile per AAA) for around twenty miles, plus about an hour of time (at $75.00 hour). Total cost: $85.00 plus. If I send the jr. guy, who only costs me $25 an hour (burdened labor rate), then I can save money ($35.00 plus), but I don't get to stop for coffee and a doughnut. Either way, I choose to spend $15.00 for UPS to deliver it to my door.

If you find a vendor a few miles from your shop, it would be cheaper for you to have him UPS it to you than to pick it up yourself. So why local (unless you both want to get coffee and doughnuts)?

MikePro

It looks like you have two signarama's and a fastsigns in delaware. they handle small runs pretty well. we send all of our bumper-sticker clients to one in the next town-over.
also, you could always pair up with a car-wrapper in your area, such as XtremeGraphix or DelawareLiquidWraps in Newark/Milford, as they're certain to have a printer & laminating capabilities.