Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for local printers, short runs. Delaware

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by Boomer, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Boomer

Boomer Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Delaware
    We do mainly embroidery and cut vinyl, we have a few customers that still come to us for printing. I had a local shop do our small runs but he sold his printer. Looking for someone in or close to central Delaware to work with.
    Thank You for any help.

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Maybe it's time to look closely at your numbers and see if they warrant getting your own machine and branching out further.

Tyrell is in your area,

3. Boomer

Boomer Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Delaware
    Gino, we had a Roland printer from Tyrrell Tech, great company. We sold it to focus more on apparel.

4. kcollinsdesign

kcollinsdesign Active Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Normal, Illinois
    Why Deleware? Are you planning on driving over and picking the printing up yourself? There are plenty of wholesale to the trade printing vendors that will roll your graphics into a tube and send it to you for less money than it costs for you to walk from your desk and start your car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Boomer

Boomer Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Delaware
    Yes, absolutely considering driving and picking them up. I can combine trips to make it feasible as Delaware is a small state. I'm not ruling out shipping but prefer local. Delaware or even most of the Eastern Shore of Maryland is not a difficult drive.

6. kcollinsdesign

kcollinsdesign Active Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Normal, Illinois
    For me to drive twenty minutes each way and pick up anything costs my company $10 - $15 (60.8¢/mile per AAA) for around twenty miles, plus about an hour of time (at $75.00 hour). Total cost: $85.00 plus. If I send the jr. guy, who only costs me $25 an hour (burdened labor rate), then I can save money ($35.00 plus), but I don't get to stop for coffee and a doughnut. Either way, I choose to spend $15.00 for UPS to deliver it to my door.

If you find a vendor a few miles from your shop, it would be cheaper for you to have him UPS it to you than to pick it up yourself. So why local (unless you both want to get coffee and doughnuts)?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    It looks like you have two signarama's and a fastsigns in delaware. they handle small runs pretty well. we send all of our bumper-sticker clients to one in the next town-over.
    also, you could always pair up with a car-wrapper in your area, such as XtremeGraphix or DelawareLiquidWraps in Newark/Milford, as they're certain to have a printer & laminating capabilities.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FireSprint.com

FireSprint.com Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

• Like Like x 1
  9. jman

jman Member

Mar 26, 2015
    North East
    Fire Sprint and 365 are your friends. Love them!

• Like Like x 2