• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Looking For Media...

TomK

Hey All,

Can use some help and advice from the experts here! Finding solvent or latex media is pretty easy, at least compared to trying to find something that'll work with aqueous printers.

We do a lot of indoor stickers that are looked at close up, for notebooks, planners, laptops, etc. The HP Latex just isn't cutting it for the quality - a lot of our lighter color sheets are grainy, and we've given up trying to make the HP Latex machines do something they just aren't designed for, mainly due to the droplet size of the ink (from what I've been told).

We purchased a bunch of canon photo quality printers and have been printing on sheet vinyl and cutting them one by one, which is a royal PITA.

So, I am looking to add a photo quality (roll printer) from canon or epson aqueous/pigment printer to our workflow, but having a heck of a time finding adhesive vinyl and adhesive paper to feed into either of these machines.

Anyone have any reference for 4 to 5 mil adhesive vinyl and paper products they can share that will work with aqueous printers?

Thanks in advance!

PS - Love the latex for any of our sign type stuff, no complaints there!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I do alot of Aqueous materials if your interested. I do perf, vinyl, banner, backlit, adhesive poly, and photo papers that all are designed for that type of ink system.

TomK

I do alot of Aqueous materials if your interested. I do perf, vinyl, banner, backlit, adhesive poly, and photo papers that all are designed for that type of ink system.
Great what have you got to meet the needs I posted? 36 inch most likely.

dypinc

The HP Latex just isn't cutting it for the quality - a lot of our lighter color sheets are grainy, and we've given up trying to make the HP Latex machines do something they just aren't designed for, mainly due to the droplet size of the ink (from what I've been told).

What are your black generation setting for your output profile, and your Media Preset setting such as number of passes, optimizer level (if using the new models), etc.? I have the L360 and I have certain media presets and profiles set specifically for POP type displays and I would not say graininess is an issue. I also have a Canon iPF8400 here and most people couldn't tell the difference. Fine detail is certainly better on the Canon but apparent graininess is not that much different. Almost all POP signage, sticker etc. are done on the Latex which is much more durable without over-laminate, and not to mention much less material cost.

Here is a post showing output with a preset and profile setup for low grain printing on the L360.
Question - HP 360 Profiling w/Caldera

jfiscus

Rap Master
Sihl has great paper products. I don't use much vinyl that thick to give you a good recommendation on those.
The latex should be able to do photo quality as long as the print heads are new and you use the highest quality settings.
Epson EcoSolvent printers also do GREAT prints.