Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Mimaki FineCut 7....anyone have it?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by onlyjames, Aug 11, 2010.

1. onlyjames

onlyjames The World Is Never Enough

Nov 1, 2008
    VA
    Tags:
  2. AusAndy

AusAndy New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    cant you just download it?

3. onlyjames

Nov 1, 2008
    VA
    Yeah, I can buy it new for 300, but Im hoping to find someone who has a copy from their second plotter or something. I only need it for one function...frame extraction in Illustrator (to make my cut lines for Onyx)

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I have it with my mimaki...but you ain't gettin it! When I need something, I have to buy it. Isn't there another function in Illustrator that will do the same thing?

5. onlyjames

Nov 1, 2008
    VA
    When did I ever mention anything about FREE? If someone has a second copy of 7, its good for them and me, great. If you DONT, then leave your comments off

Im looking to PURCHASE finecut 7, so as I said before, please contact me IF you do.

6. radiohead223

radiohead223 Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Australia
    it's a good investment for the few dollars that it is but i haven't seen anyone wanting to sell it second hand on here..... hopefully you might get a couple of bites

7. AusAndy

AusAndy New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    frame extraction, isn't that just offset path in illustrator? ie with text, ctrl shift o to convert to outline then object->path->offset path.

when I click on finecuts frame extraction, thats all it seems to do.

8. DrunknMonk

DrunknMonk Member

Aug 23, 2010
    England Uk
    if you get an older version you can update from the mimaki website we started with version 5 now on 7