• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for New Intermediate Vinyl

Hey All,

I am looking at getting a new intermediate vinyl for Fleet graphics and I am just wondering what do others prefer. I have heard IJ40c is great for long-term graphics while being easy to remove down the line. I have also come across Averys MPI 2105 and Orafol 3169RA which I believe are similar products but are a bit cheaper in price. Just wondering if people have used these and their experience with them?

2B

check with BigfishDM he has a full range of products for your intended budget

IJ-40C is a 7yr material
you would be better to look at a similar rating

also, would go with a thinner material as box truck can have rivets you will have to conform to.

Last edited:

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
How long is the client expecting the vinyl to last? Why kind of fleet vehicles? Box trucks? Vans? Does it need to be print/cut or can it just be cut graphics?

bannertime

We've recently gone through a few rolls of Arlon 4600lx and have been pretty happy with it. We're going to rewrap out lift truck with it for a long term test.

How long is the client expecting the vinyl to last? Why kind of fleet vehicles? Box trucks? Vans? Does it need to be print/cut or can it just be cut graphics?
Clients around here are usually looking for graphics that last at least 5+ years and we mostly do sprinter vans and pick up trucks. we use cut vinyl when we can but a lot of the new designs call for printed vinyl.

chartle

I've used oracal 3551 RA for over 10 years. I tried IJ-40C as a suggestion from my vinyl supplier and I just didn't like it. I think its was the recommended lam wasn't smooth almost like it was painted on with a brush.

I've used oracal 3551 RA for over 10 years. I tried IJ-40C as a suggestion from my vinyl supplier and I just didn't like it. I think its was the recommended lam wasn't smooth almost like it was painted on with a brush.

3551RA is definitely a more comparable product to 3M IJ40C, than 3169RA.

• Agree
Reactions: 2B