• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for opinion of Agfa Anapurna Mw Flatbed printer

naqviak

Hi
I am buying a print shop that has Agfa Anapurna Mw Flatbed printer along with other printers. The printer was acquired in 2012. Do you guys have any feedback on the average life of this item? It is under a overpriced service contract.

klmiller611

I don't know if this will be of any help to you. We have an Anapurna Mv which was purchased in December 2008. It is kind of the predecessor of the Mw and, I believe, very similar in construction. Ours has been a very decent machine, no major issues, short of replacement of two print heads, which, in all reality is a wear item in my book. While we do not run ours full out like a lot of shops, it runs an average of 20-25 hours a week, so we are coming up on owning it 8 years in December.

It seems to be very reliable, occasional issues, but with great thanks to this list and members, I've not had an actual service call since the warranty expired after the first year.

With white ink added to the equation, that may change the dynamic, as white is touchy, I've told.

Your mileage may vary. Feel free to PM me with any questions, I'd be glad to try and help.

Ken Miller

WalkerP

I know several running this machine and all are pretty happy. Fairly simple to work on too. Not sure what ink they have in it, but PM me if you would like some info on options.

naqviak

I don't know if this will be of any help to you. We have an Anapurna Mv which was purchased in December 2008. It is kind of the predecessor of the Mw and, I believe, very similar in construction. Ours has been a very decent machine, no major issues, short of replacement of two print heads, which, in all reality is a wear item in my book. While we do not run ours full out like a lot of shops, it runs an average of 20-25 hours a week, so we are coming up on owning it 8 years in December.

It seems to be very reliable, occasional issues, but with great thanks to this list and members, I've not had an actual service call since the warranty expired after the first year.

With white ink added to the equation, that may change the dynamic, as white is touchy, I've told.

Your mileage may vary. Feel free to PM me with any questions, I'd be glad to try and help.

Ken Miller
Thanks Ken