• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Opinions on sign colors

muddykotton

Owner and operator
Hi everyone, I have a customer that has an existing business outside sign (I did not make the sign) She has asked me to make a new sign because her existing sign is not noticed.

The existing sign is a white 18x24 with back lettering. She is on a high traffic intersection but her current sign does not pop and she does not get new business from it. I am including a photo....what color background and lettering would you use so it gets seen?

:thankyou:

attachment.php

Attachments

• dazzling dogs current.jpg
    dazzling dogs current.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 268

rossmosh

My first priority would be to make the sign much much much larger. 18x24 is dinky.

I also don't think the logo/layout is effective at all. My guess is the text is around 1" tall. That's simply too small. It might be okay if the text was small if the iconography was powerful, but it's not. It likely looks like two blobs from 15 feet away.

First work on seeing if you can put a much larger sign out. If you can't get a permit for a permanent sign, go with a banner as an alternative.

muddykotton

Owner and operator
sign colors

I agree 100%. She is looking onto sign rules. The sign needs complete makeover. I am still curious of opinions on colors that will also pop.

neato

Black and white can work fine together. They make for great contrast.

The problem isn't the color as has been mentioned. It's the layout.

visual800

ditch all the graphics and concentrate on getting message out quicker

Dark Background with light letters shows up best, I have attached something that would might work.

Its quick, its gets attention with one glance. Dont judge the art I whipped it out

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 130

Marlene

the biggest problem is the graphic as it says dog walking and it takes up way too much room on that small sign. she needs something more like what visual800 did. no amout of color changes will help.

Logoadv

Tiffany Blue background.
Change graphic to an illustration of a straight on front view of a poodle with the classic poodle hairdo, with a fancy diamond collar and a tiara. I'm thinking the poodle version of Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany's. Basically this, minus the cigarette holder... but you know... a dog.
d964f5.jpg

MikePro

+1, get the message out "Pet Grooming", maybe with small subtext "by Dazzling Dogs"
and maybe its just my thing, but rounded corners on the sign panel (for those dummies walking&texting)