• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question looking for original settings for Mutoh 1204 valuejet 48"

cshook

When I originally bought my Valuejet 48" Sign warehouse set it up, well two years later when my computer crashed the original tech said no problem he would reset it up. Well he is gone and they want a fortune to reset up. I get close to prints coming out right but not like they used to.

Does anyone have those settings or any ideas, I'm at a loss and tired of wasting material for each job, I'm ready to send it back and just outsource.

thank you in advance

Sindex Printing

I still run a 1204. I am absolutely slammed with jobs tomorrow.
If you can send me a message with your email I can take some pictures of the settings I am currently using.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
When I originally bought my Valuejet 48" Sign warehouse set it up, well two years later when my computer crashed the original tech said no problem he would reset it up. Well he is gone and they want a fortune to reset up. I get close to prints coming out right but not like they used to.

Does anyone have those settings or any ideas, I'm at a loss and tired of wasting material for each job, I'm ready to send it back and just outsource.

thank you in advance

If you specify of what you are looking to accomplish. Maybe we can help. Is it the printer? The software? Perhaps the icc profile?

cshook

If you specify of what you are looking to accomplish. Maybe we can help. Is it the printer? The software? Perhaps the icc profile?

When my computer crashed I had to start over from page 1, I reinstalled everything and then found out Sign warehouse would not help unless I paid for their tech support. When it was originally set up I did not have to change any settings just hit print and perfect each time, that is my goal.

Joe House

When my computer crashed I had to start over from page 1, I reinstalled everything and then found out Sign warehouse would not help unless I paid for their tech support. When it was originally set up I did not have to change any settings just hit print and perfect each time, that is my goal.

It sounds like you don't really know what you're looking for. That makes it difficult for us to provide any direction. You paid Sign Warehouse to do their thing the first time - though you may not have realized it since it was buried in the price of the printer if they didn't break it out on your invoice - it may be quicker and cheaper to have them do it again. They should know their default settings for setting up a printer.
When you get an offer for help from a knowledgeable resource like premiercolor and all he asks for in return is some info to help him help you and all you can say is I want it to work like it did when Sign Warehouse set it up, then I wouldn't expect a lot of help from this forum.
And why would you send the printer back? Is your computer crashing covered under Mutoh's or Sign Warehouse's warranty? If you're wasting material, isn't paying for help going to save you in the long run?

Good Luck

cshook

I will be clear I want great bright clear prints. No one knows why a computer would crash - I still don't know.

My original contract with signwarehouse stated they would help at any time - two years later they changed their policy - a month before my computer crashed ( crashed as in would not start up at all). Sign warehouse has a one year warranty on their machines, and when I said I would send it back it was out frustration. My $50 roll of vinyl is way cheaper than the $700 Sign warehouse wants to give me one more year of support. My hope was that someone here was running one and could look at their settings so that I would atleast have a place to start.

Nick761

I will be clear I want great bright clear prints. No one knows why a computer would crash - I still don't know.

My original contract with signwarehouse stated they would help at any time - two years later they changed their policy - a month before my computer crashed ( crashed as in would not start up at all). Sign warehouse has a one year warranty on their machines, and when I said I would send it back it was out frustration. My $50 roll of vinyl is way cheaper than the $700 Sign warehouse wants to give me one more year of support. My hope was that someone here was running one and could look at their settings so that I would atleast have a place to start.
I run the piss out of my VJ1204. I use flexi 10 still so if your on flexi I don't mind hopping on team viewer to take a look. Send me a PM and I can try to help.

cshook

I run the **** out of my VJ1204. I use flexi 10 still so if your on flexi I don't mind hopping on team viewer to take a look. Send me a PM and I can try to help.
Thank you it turned out that my maintenance station was bad, I installed a new one after reading other threads about the similar problems found one for $165 and wahla nice prints again. I have my settings on the Avery MPI 2010 and it came out nice, I'm going to try other dither modes to see what looks best.