• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for paper based decal media, printing w eco-sol

MikesSigns

Does anybody use or know of a rolled, PAPER based, inexpensive decal material I can print with my sp300v. Looking to print/cut box labels. Customer does not want vinyl. The box will get opened then thrown away. No lamination necessary. Quick and easy, cheap too.....

There is always the option to make it yourself also. A roll of paper and a roll of mounting adhesive. Laminate together and cut. But I think all they want is cheap! And house brand white vinyl is probably the cheapest material you can put through your machine.

mameighan

What size labels?
I do labels for a few honey companies and I just run them through my color laser - cheap and effective and extremely quick to turnaround. I would suggest you do something like that.

What size labels?
I do labels for a few honey companies and I just run them through my color laser - cheap and effective and extremely quick to turnaround. I would suggest you do something like that.

Or ^this. I have seen some really nice avery labels. Just have to change the layout so there is full bleed then weed the outside and cut into individual. Super fast and easy

MikesSigns

Thanks everyone. Labels are 5 x 8 inches, 5000 at a wack. Customer wants paper, That's my real issue. Most cheap white vinyls have no body or thickness to them, so they are not customer friendly for installing quickly. I shall keep looking. Keep feeding ideas if you have any.

mameighan

We do 5 x 8 all the time on our laser. If you can stay away from full bleed it us easier but it can be done and then they are just peel and stick.

Lots of paper choices too

chuck2302

Funny. I make paper for avery. Both c1s backing and face label material. They are very strict on quality compared to others.

klmiller611

I'll second the comments of doing this on a laser printer with Avery labels, good run quality, no jams on our printer. I do this same type thing 2-3 times a year. I'd previously run them on vinyl through the Agfa Anapurna, then hand cut them down. Most certainly not worth the effort for something that is stuck down on the floor for 3-4 days, then scraped back up. Very similar use pattern as yours.

Ken Miller

TXFB.INS

so you are wanting to print 5000 stickers at a time on paper with a size of 5" x 8" several times a year.
using a laser or inkjet printer means you are printing 2500 sheets of paper and then having to cut them down.

why so set on printing in house? outsource to 4Over or any vendor, they are already cut to size and the backing is scored for easy installation.
I'd be willing to bet this is also cheaper by the time you figure cost of labels, ink and time.