• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for particular color of vinyl

Team Valhalla

In the past week, I've had a couple high school girl's softball teams request a graphic that had an image of a softball in the design... and they want it to be the color of the softball.

I can't print the "optic yellow" and have it come out looking bright enough for them.

Has someone used a vinyl in an application along this line that is very close to the color of the softballs that girls use? Looking for a source and part number.

Thanks in advance for any help.

SP

DesireeM

More info please. What is the "graphic". A decal? White? Clear? A sign?
How are you printing the color? what printer and settings are you using?
I have a Roland vs540 and I can get that bright, yellow/green color by adjusting my print settings.

Are you saying that instead of printing it you'd like to use a cut-vinyl?

3m, Avery and Oracal all have neon or fluorescent vinyl options. Probably not in that specific yellow/green color but you could always use neon yellow and then print a very translucent green on clear vinyl and lay it on top....may not be worth the trouble though...

Can't help you with suppliers - all my sources are canadian.

stusatwork

Vinyl Color

Brimstone yellow Orafol is super bright without being a fluorescent. I would have your distributor send you a swatch card for Orafol. They have a great yellows selection. Have the ladies bring you a ball to colormatch with the swatch card. If they are going to be that particular about your print then they shouldn't have a problem waiting for you to get it right.

mpn

029 oracal yellow fluorescent. Maybe laminate it with 3m 8518 and get a little more green tint to it?

Attachments

• IMAG3711.jpg
    IMAG3711.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 77

Z SIGNS

I used to have trouble finding a particular color of vinyl.

Then I came up with this brilliant solution.
I will pass this secret onto you.

I contacted all the big vinyl film makers 3m,avery,oracal etc
and had them send me there vinyl sample charts.

Now I know what's available.

Hope this helps

Team Valhalla

Thanks for the insight Z Signs. I'll need to find more sample charts, because after going through the ones that I already have on hand, they weren't satisfied with what they were seeing.

We're gettin' there.

SP