Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for pdf program

Discussion in 'General Software' started by ajgraphics297, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ajgraphics297

ajgraphics297 New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    I am looking for a program that i can put my ai files into and create a pdf-like catalog. something i can open multiple files at once, add the file name and print, and be as user friendly as possible since i will not be the only person using it. i have been looking around, but cannot find one.:banghead: please reply here or to ajgraphics297@gmail.com :thankyou:

Tags:
  2. k2ds

k2ds Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Not sure about .ai files, but you can dump a bunch of .eps files into Adobe Distiller (lots of preset settings from press-quality to smallest file size), then use Acrobat Professional to "Create PDF from Multiple files" it makes a "catalog" you can print. I do it almost every single day to create 48-to-96-page magazines. Very easy to do. If I understood your inquiry?

3. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    You can make multiple pages in Illustrator, print to postcript/then distiller and as k2ds you can add and subtract pages when needed.

4. k2ds

k2ds Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Multiple pages in AI - are you using CS4? Only have CS3, here.

5. Rick

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    You could do multi pages since Version 4 I think...

6. Rick

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    In CS3....

New page....

when new document wndow comes up, type in 68" wide, 44 inches tall...

then hit command > p

print window comes up...in the upper left window hit "setup"
    go to "tiling" in the center right of the window
    hit "tile full pages" then "done"

double check your "orientation"

hit "done"

then in your tool bar hit the "hand tool", pick the "page tool" double click on it and it will show the artboard of your pages seperately...

7. k2ds

k2ds Member

Jan 4, 2009
    :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

8. Rick

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    You can also make a multipage pdf from Illustrator too... back in the day I would use layers for multi pages....

Here is a multi page plug-in like Corel, and various pdf options. Only think is if another computer opens it, the pages come in as layers so you have to hide and lock layers to print if you do not have the plug-in.

http://www.hotdoor.com/index.php?content=multipage&navcontent=multipage