• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for pdf program

ajgraphics297

I am looking for a program that i can put my ai files into and create a pdf-like catalog. something i can open multiple files at once, add the file name and print, and be as user friendly as possible since i will not be the only person using it. i have been looking around, but cannot find one.:banghead: please reply here or to ajgraphics297@gmail.com :thankyou:

k2ds

Not sure about .ai files, but you can dump a bunch of .eps files into Adobe Distiller (lots of preset settings from press-quality to smallest file size), then use Acrobat Professional to "Create PDF from Multiple files" it makes a "catalog" you can print. I do it almost every single day to create 48-to-96-page magazines. Very easy to do. If I understood your inquiry?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You can make multiple pages in Illustrator, print to postcript/then distiller and as k2ds you can add and subtract pages when needed.

k2ds

You can make multiple pages in Illustrator, print to postcript/then distiller and as k2ds you can add and subtract pages when needed.

Multiple pages in AI - are you using CS4? Only have CS3, here.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
In CS3....

New page....

when new document wndow comes up, type in 68" wide, 44 inches tall...

then hit command > p

print window comes up...in the upper left window hit "setup"
go to "tiling" in the center right of the window
hit "tile full pages" then "done"

double check your "orientation"

hit "done"

then in your tool bar hit the "hand tool", pick the "page tool" double click on it and it will show the artboard of your pages seperately...