• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Plotter Advice

ubman98

Hello,

I am completely new to the vinyl business, I have been working in the design and marketing field for over 10 years and looking to expand my services. I have very low startup capital right now so looking for a plotter that is priced $1000 or less that is, well not a complete piece of crap. From my research I have seen a lot of pros seem to go toward the Rolands but of course you want quality like that you have to pay for it. Does anyone have any suggestions on a value brand plotter that while it may not be the quietest or most efficient it will deliver a product that is sustainable until I can afford to upgrade to a better machine. I see a lot of these plotters on Ebay from US Cutter and ArtCut and Master. I have seen a mixed bag of reviews about these cost cutting plotters. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Techman

there are plenty of used name brand cutters all over the place for cheap.
I just gave away a great cutter. It was worth more as a gift than it was for selling it.

tomence

I just sold my 24" Graphtec CE5000 cutter for a thousand. I loved this little cutter and comparing to the Roland in that price range i think the Graphtec is way better. I've seen both in action and the Graphtec was cutting way smaller sized curvy objects better than the Roland.

7oaks

I bought a graphtec ce 5000 from Ordray and am very satisfied with it.
Wish I had bought it sooner.

Ken

CS-SignSupply

I stock the Graphtec CE5000-60 and have good feedback from current and past customers about it.

Feel free to call me with any questions you might have.

royster13

Well I know the "pros" will have a different opinion, however, I got an Expert 24 from mike@imprintables .com for U$390.00 and love it....Included shipping, 10 yards of sign vinyl, 10 yards of heat transfer vinyl and a weeder....

I was cutting in 15 minutes from Illustrator CS3 (via Great Cut software) and it paid for itself in a few jobs....If you sign in here: http://www.stahls.com/cutter-training Stahls has videos on a number of plotters including the Expert 24....

marcsitkin

I just picked up a Mimaki CG60-ST, which is a small, very basic cutter. It came with a computer (old, no monitor but working), 16 rolls of vinyl and 4 rolls of mask for $400 off craigslist. It's working well, and I'll have it paid off in a week with new work. First cutter I've owned, been printing 25 years. Looking to get a 54" contour cutting machine by years end.