• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for printable, no coating paper

ActionGraphics

I'm looking for a white paper which is ecosol printable, but will also accept crayon for children to draw on. 60 lb weight or so, at least 24" wide. Any ideas/suppliers, please?

unclebun

To be ecosol compatible it has to be coated. I've never tried crayons on it, but the Briteline photo paper we use seems like a crayon ought to work on it. If I had a crayon I'd try it. I'm printing a bunch of posters right now.

ActionGraphics

To be ecosol compatible it has to be coated. I've never tried crayons on it, but the Briteline photo paper we use seems like a crayon ought to work on it. If I had a crayon I'd try it. I'm printing a bunch of posters right now.
I tried the Brightline photo paper, no joy. I print on blueprint paper with my ecosol all the time, and I don't think it's coated. Thanks!

Aaron Hunter

Teslin by PPG works pretty well. Has a slight learning curve that's comparable to printing on banner. As far as suppliers, where are you located? We get ours from Sun Supply, that serves the Pacific Northwest.

danno

We made so paper table cloths for a kids day. We ordered a 60# white kraft paper from Uline and printed outlines on a Seiko M64 a copule days before the event. There were no complaints. I guess it worked.

BigNate

in the older days of offset printing 60# offset was considered comparable (if less opaque) than the 20# bond - and in reality today you can buy 60# offset sheets that mic the same as a nice 20# bond sheet.

considering that the weight may not be super critical - other than a "paper" instead of a "cardstock" sheet....

ENGINEERING BOND is the name of the cheap 20# bond that you can order in rolls for the wide format - Kelly paper supplies these for us, but is is basically the regular 20# bond, white copier paper, but in rolls. I believe every mill that makes white copier paper also makes engineering bond - there are many brands available.

this stuff is cheap - I just looked on Kelly's catalog, 36" x 500' rolls are under $50 for a 2-pack - 3,000 square feet of paper for about 45 bucks - can't go wrong with that.

ActionGraphics

in the older days of offset printing 60# offset was considered comparable (if less opaque) than the 20# bond - and in reality today you can buy 60# offset sheets that mic the same as a nice 20# bond sheet.

considering that the weight may not be super critical - other than a "paper" instead of a "cardstock" sheet....

ENGINEERING BOND is the name of the cheap 20# bond that you can order in rolls for the wide format - Kelly paper supplies these for us, but is is basically the regular 20# bond, white copier paper, but in rolls. I believe every mill that makes white copier paper also makes engineering bond - there are many brands available.

this stuff is cheap - I just looked on Kelly's catalog, 36" x 500' rolls are under $50 for a 2-pack - 3,000 square feet of paper for about 45 bucks - can't go wrong with that.
Thank you!

mim

0_o
Are you trying to make big coloring pages? Because I do that for my nephew! I just use bond paper in our Epson s80600 with no heat. The paper is not technically compatible with the printer but it works for just a black outline with little bleed laterally but it does bleed through to the back of the paper.