• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

kerwinchua

Production Manager
Hi,

We are currently in the market for a printer upgrade. Current equipment we have are HP latex roll to roll printers and a CET 5’x10’ UV flatbed printer.

We are happy with the HP’s and want to upgrade our current flatbed.

We are looking at the following:
1. HP R1000 Plus Latex Hybrid printer
2. EFI 30F 6.5’ x 10’ UV flatbed printer
3. Vanguard VK3000HS 5’ x 10’ UV flatbed Printer

What are the pros and cons of each unit? If there are groups who are familiar with these machines?

We need a dependable machine that can print on acrylics, styrene, coroplast and PVC just to name a few. Excellent Adhesion is a must, and easy maintenance with great support.

I also would like to mention, we are a Canadian company.

any inputs would highly be appreciated!

thanks!

Antolin

Hi Antolin, take a look of digitech thay are base in San Antonio Texas, good company with quality flatbed printers,
we currently have a Trufire LT/X2 and the printer is very fast and reliable they also have one of the best customer service I ever deal with, the ink adhesion is one of the main reason I purchase this printer you will be surprise, is about twice the speed with same quanity of print head if you compare with vanguard, good luck

parrott

I would also recommend Digitech. Have had our X2 right at a year now. No major issues and have been very happy. If adhesion is important, look no further. Digitech has by far the best adhesion in the industry. Not to mention, they check all the other boxes on your list as well. If you want to grow your company, this is the machine that will do it.

kerwinchua

Production Manager
I would also recommend Digitech. Have had our X2 right at a year now. No major issues and have been very happy. If adhesion is important, look no further. Digitech has by far the best adhesion in the industry. Not to mention, they check all the other boxes on your list as well. If you want to grow your company, this is the machine that will do it.
Thanks! Will definitely reach out to Digitech and add it to my list :)

kerwinchua

Production Manager
Hi,

We are currently in the market for a printer upgrade. Current equipment we have are HP latex roll to roll printers and a CET 5’x10’ UV flatbed printer.

We are happy with the HP’s and want to upgrade our current flatbed.

We are looking at the following:
1. HP R1000 Plus Latex Hybrid printer
2. EFI 30F 6.5’ x 10’ UV flatbed printer
3. Vanguard VK3000HS 5’ x 10’ UV flatbed Printer

What are the pros and cons of each unit? If there are groups who are familiar with these machines?

We need a dependable machine that can print on acrylics, styrene, coroplast and PVC just to name a few. Excellent Adhesion is a must, and easy maintenance with great support.

I also would like to mention, we are a Canadian company.

any inputs would highly be appreciated!

thanks!

Antolin
Just to give everyone an update, we have received our print samples from EFI and they were great. Really great adhesion on their inks.
Even if it was a virtual demo, they were kind enough to use the substrates we requested and the files we provided, definitely a formidable machine and ink combo with their new XA inks.

HP also did a virtual demo, but it was mostly their stuff and materials, Dan at the HP experience centre offered to do tests on our requested materials and files, will give everyone an update on this also once the samples are sent to us.

Vanguard was really great with their product offering, pricing and support; even bending over backwards to even take in our old UV flatbed for trade-in for their new printers, just waiting for the virtual demo after they are finished with their company teambuilding activities, so hopefully will get to test out their new inks that offers great adhesion also.

Will also give Digitech a call and see what they can offer.

Aside from that we also looked at the Colex SXC 1732 Digital Cutter and was blown away with what the machine can do to help out in post production and finishing. Marlene and her team really did their homework for the virtual demo. Really excited in how all this is moving forward.

cheers!

MGB_LE

Just to give everyone an update, we have received our print samples from EFI and they were great. Really great adhesion on their inks.
Even if it was a virtual demo, they were kind enough to use the substrates we requested and the files we provided, definitely a formidable machine and ink combo with their new XA inks.

HP also did a virtual demo, but it was mostly their stuff and materials, Dan at the HP experience centre offered to do tests on our requested materials and files, will give everyone an update on this also once the samples are sent to us.

Vanguard was really great with their product offering, pricing and support; even bending over backwards to even take in our old UV flatbed for trade-in for their new printers, just waiting for the virtual demo after they are finished with their company teambuilding activities, so hopefully will get to test out their new inks that offers great adhesion also.

Will also give Digitech a call and see what they can offer.

Aside from that we also looked at the Colex SXC 1732 Digital Cutter and was blown away with what the machine can do to help out in post production and finishing. Marlene and her team really did their homework for the virtual demo. Really excited in how all this is moving forward.

cheers!
You'll love Colex, priced against other options. We're shopping similar printers now.

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
If you have any more questions for maureen and keith regarding any of our products we are ready to answer! Im glad to hear you are condsidering one of our cutters. they truly are a great additional to any workflow.

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
EFI Machine build quality, ink, and most importantly their support is top notch. We started with a Pro 16H, then purchased a Regianni for sublimation, and recently a Vutek 32H. Will not purchase another UV that isn’t an EFI.

Chase

New Printers for Christmas!
I’m searching for the same addition also. Thanks for the input guys.

StratoJet

Merchant Member
Also, Check out the StratoJet USA line of flatbeds, they won 7 awards over the past 14 months.

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
Vanguard VK3000HS 5’ x 10’ UV flatbed Printer
This is going to be a downgrade. First, It's assembled on Its BYHX electronic components - a cheap one DIY kit manufacturer (boards and software) on the Chinese market - really buggy stuff. The cheapest one is UMC, crapy stuff with no ability to manage waveforms etc. You will be struggling, especially in comparing with CET. EFI F30 is entry-level stuff.
won 7 awards over the past 14 months.
It seems everything is for sale in the US, especially the awards.

StratoJet

Merchant Member
This is going to be a downgrade. First, It's assembled on Its BYHX electronic components - a cheap one DIY kit manufacturer (boards and software) on the Chinese market - really buggy stuff. The cheapest one is UMC, crapy stuff with no ability to manage waveforms etc. You will be struggling, especially in comparing with CET. EFI F30 is entry-level stuff.
It seems everything is for sale in the US, especially the awards.
Agree with your first part of your comments but as for your second, we earned our awards and didn’t buy them!

richsweeney

We have the stratojet eb, our first one., 06.21. It is part of our business. Today, Saturday, I could not get it to work. I had applied safety stickers all over it ( we have a tight work space) and was not sure if that had anything to do with it. So, I called them on a Saturday. They called back in 15 minutes and helped me fix the problem. (most likely a sticker interfering with a sensor). I know of no company, not one, that will offer you 24/7 tech support for free for the life of the machine. I figure they offer it because they have a very reliable product.