• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Profile help using Photo Tex (OPA) Opaque on HP R2000 HP 1500 HP 800W

We are looking to see what profile you may be using when printing on the Photo Tex OPA Opaque self-adhesive on these HP printers -
HP R2000 , HP 1500, HP 800W. The HP profiles are ok , but we have a customer asking for any tips to get a better overall print! Appreciate any insight. www.phototexgroup.com

jfiscus

Rap Master
I know the ink saturates itself into your (cloth) material instead of laying on the surface of vinyl material, so with some Phototex prints in our RIP we will add a "global bump" to increase the vibrancy of the print. Onyx RIP has a way to add a global color increase, same as you would doing backlit prints, we usually set it to 15% across the CMYK spectrum and get an awesome print without adding another specific profile/quickset if we feel it is necessary.

*As a note, we are printing with Epson EcoSolvent printers not HP Latex printers, but this should theoretically be the same. Increasing the passes on Latex printers also will increase the color density, but will slow down the print speed.

Chris Keena

The profile I got from Phototex for my 360 and 365 appears to just be the generic Polyester film one under PET film. I have not had the need to create my own profile for it.
Have you had tunneling issues where the liner buckles off of the print adhesive side? It's fine for single prints, but we have had too many issues when doing multi panel murals. Thanks.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Tunneling issues with Phototex (in my experience) come from one of two things:
ALWAYS keep your rolls rolled up tight, put tape/velcro/etc around your partial rolls and keep them tight until you're ready to load/print them.
The other issue is too high of humidity in your shop, you have to keep it under control or you'll have issues with all kinds of materials buckling, especially Phototex.