• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question looking for quotes, invoice, payment program

equippaint

Doesn't anyone consider how your invoicing/accounting programs integrate with your bookkeeper or accountant and tax records? You may be small now and don't need the functionality found in QB but the money trail never stops. It is difficult to switch over to a more robust system later down the road. When you do, the past is a black hole of journal entries. All auditors, state, federal and insurance use it and when your quickbooks files are clean it goes easy. Do it right from the get go. More expensive? Yes. Ripoff? Yes. Nickel and dime? Yes. They can do this because they are the best.

Last edited:

dypinc

Being that Quickbooks has a version for Mac I can use it at my workstations and form wise is easily configurable so that information can be entered once and the job can be followed with various forms as needed all the way to invoicing and beyond. Tax records, Inventory, Payroll etc.

I have looked at a lot of different programs and could never really find anything the worked better, was reasonably priced for a small shop, or that could be used for digital sheet feed presses and wide format. Online will never be acceptable, and Intuit must have gotten the message because Quickbooks for Mac 2019 desktop is in the works. As for actually generating quotes Morning Flight does a pretty good job. I used it for years for digital press pricing and now in the latest version in has wide format pricing. Createabid is also an option for wide format but it is online with pricing to suite your needs including a no cost version.

ublink9

I am looking for a program or to see house everyone keeps track of there quotes and invoices. Not sure if there is a system out there were you send a quote and then you can just resend it as a invoice. thank you for you help in advance.
I use Invoice2go for the last 6 yrs its mobile/cloud based does all my quotations and invoicing, reminders of outstanding payments and sales reports.....can't go wrong

GB2

Old Member
If you are looking for a Financial Management program, then Quckbooks is pretty much the definitive standard, whether you use it directly or you have other software that exports just the financial data to Quickbooks. Now, if you are looking for something that does more than that, you may be looking for a program known as CRM (Customer Relationship Management), Job Management, Task Management or Production Management, for which there are many options that are designed specifically for the sign industry like Cyrious, ShopVox, Printavo, Sign Tracker, PrintSmith, etc. or generic like CoreBridge, Trello, Zoho or many others. If you are any good at working with software to create your own system, you could use a database program like the excellent Filemaker Pro or even Microsoft Access.

Last edited: