• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for quotes on screen printed 3M 680CR

I have a customer requesting screen printed 3M 680CR badges for their patrol cars. I do not screen print so I am hoping to find a Signs101 member to outsource to. The other part of this is screen printing vs. thermal printing... the customer says they want screen printed because they last longer. I think that thermally printed and laminated (Gerber Edge) 680CR will last just as long. Thoughts?

studio 440

I think cost wise screen would be much more expensive on a short run with set up and all. what kind of quantity are they asking for

/?

jfiscus

Rap Master
They don't want screen printed decals. They just don't understand what they're ordering. Possibly they know that Solvent printed decals last longer than Thermal printed decals, so I would quote them on that. Quality solvent prints will outlast the life expectancy of IJ680CR-10.
I would also suggest going with the new 780 material.

They don't want screen printed decals. They just don't understand what they're ordering. Possibly they know that Solvent printed decals last longer than Thermal printed decals, so I would quote them on that. Quality solvent prints will outlast the life expectancy of IJ680CR-10.
I would also suggest going with the new 780 material.

They actually do want screen printed. The shop that does the work now has solvent printers, and they said the solvent printed graphics didn't last (not sure why). So now all of the badges on the car are screen printed. They specified they are to be screen printed with 3M screen printing inks as part of the 3M matched components system (MCS). I don't offer the MCS anyways but I was trying to match their specs as closely as possible. But I feel like thermally printed 680CR laminated with 8518 will outlast their patrol cars. Honestly, 680CR printed on my L25500 and laminated with 8518 should outlast their cars.