Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for re 640 infor is it the right choice

Discussion in 'Roland' started by ace sign co, Nov 26, 2012.

1. ace sign co

ace sign co New Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Looking at a Versa Art RE 640
    we have a sp540 v and love it would just like to be a little faster and I think that the seprate cutter should help along with the speed anyone have any input on this is it the right choice???

Tags:
  2. MichaelAlmand

MichaelAlmand Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Canada
    yes well worth it, especially the separate cutter.

3. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    Epson

Take a look at the new four color Epson Sure Color
    Over twice the speed, heavy duty motorized feed system and you get the all important auto take up for the same money.

4. burkie

burkie New Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Robert, you seem to have a balanced view from your posts. If you had to choose between the Epson S70 (presuming it similar to the smaller sisters in quality/durability), the new Roland XR640, or Mimaki JV-33, what would your gut tell you? I primarily do fine art and canvas printing for hotels, but am getting requests to expand my services. Thanks for your thoughts.

5. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    Epson

The Epson S70 is going to give you the best results for fine art and give you the speed you want for signage. It is the only 10 color printer in the price range and one of the fastest with 520 sfh in production mode and 142 sfh in high quality. If your budget can't take a 26k investment, look at a JV33-130 (54")that can be had for 17K and it can be set up as a CMYKlclm printer.