• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for re 640 infor is it the right choice

ace sign co

Looking at a Versa Art RE 640
we have a sp540 v and love it would just like to be a little faster and I think that the seprate cutter should help along with the speed anyone have any input on this is it the right choice???

Robert M

Epson

Take a look at the new four color Epson Sure Color
Over twice the speed, heavy duty motorized feed system and you get the all important auto take up for the same money.

burkie

Take a look at the new four color Epson Sure Color
Over twice the speed, heavy duty motorized feed system and you get the all important auto take up for the same money.
Robert, you seem to have a balanced view from your posts. If you had to choose between the Epson S70 (presuming it similar to the smaller sisters in quality/durability), the new Roland XR640, or Mimaki JV-33, what would your gut tell you? I primarily do fine art and canvas printing for hotels, but am getting requests to expand my services. Thanks for your thoughts.

Robert M

Epson

The Epson S70 is going to give you the best results for fine art and give you the speed you want for signage. It is the only 10 color printer in the price range and one of the fastest with 520 sfh in production mode and 142 sfh in high quality. If your budget can't take a 26k investment, look at a JV33-130 (54")that can be had for 17K and it can be set up as a CMYKlclm printer.