• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Roland Color Rip

dean8828

Hey, I recently acquired a Roland sc540 Printer, but the RIP software that was bundled with the machine "Color Rip" was not included in this. As far as I know the rip was bundled with the machine on it's release. If anyone knows where that can be downloaded or have a copy they can send me it would be appreciated.

Scott Reynolds

Doesnt work that way. RIP software (most) only work with a key, who ever has the key, owns the software. I have a couple of differant RIP's I could send you "copys" of, but none of them would work.

Robert M

Color RIP

I have a copy of it, no dongle was required on that as it only works on the Roland
Send me a pm

dean8828

As far as I know, there is a copy without a serial no. or a dongle that actually activates by using the serial no. on your machine for authentication purposes. Thanks for your reply though.

Wiggum PI

If it can use versaworks, use that instead of colorrip.
Any roland dealer should supply you with a copy for free(maybe charge postage), as it only works with roland printers.

Chris.

splizaat

Would love to know where there's a download link on roland's site for versaworks....

People on this forum have diarrhea of the mouth sometimes I swear....

splizaat

And Versaworks doesn't just work with any Roland printer. Chances are that he needs colorrip.

exampe: SP-300 is Colorrip, SP-300V is Versaworks. Unless hacked, the SP-300 won't work with versaworks.

Jim Hill

One other important think to keep in mind.

I have an SP-300 that was New in late 2004 and it works perfectly and I really love this printer.

When I upgraded my computer system I ran into one problem and that was I have always used ColorRip software and have never had any issues with it but there are no updated drivers that I could find that work either Windows 7 or 8

I simply installed an A-B switch from my New computer with Windows 7 and my old computer which is running XP

For anyone using ColorRip thinking about upgrading their computer do not get rid of your old computer unless you are changing your Rip or can find updated drivers that will work.

My SP-300 is so easy to take care of and run that I have resisted the temptation to upgrade to a newer model.

Jim

jwindsor

Colorip and Windows 7/8

One of my printers is a Roland FJ-540 which, of course, uses Colorip. I am using version 2.2 and have no problems running under either Windows 7 or 8. If you are not using ver 2.2, maybe the upgrade will allow you to get rid of that old XP computer.

Jim Hill

jwindsor

One of my printers is a Roland FJ-540 which, of course, uses Colorip. I am using version 2.2 and have no problems running under either Windows 7 or 8. If you are not using ver 2.2, maybe the upgrade will allow you to get rid of that old XP computer.

I am using ColorRip 2.2 now.

You think this will work with Windows 7

You know come to think of it I don't remember trying it first!!!!

Once I realized there were no updated drivers for ColorRip and Windows 7 I simply started thinking of other ways to make it work.

So you download the ColorRip into a Windows 7 computer and it worked?

Thanks for the tip.

Jim

MagnificentBastid

I can confirm, Versaworks will not work with an SC540. I believe it has something to do with the fact that the SC540 has a different print head order, starting with black.

ColorRIP or a 3rd Party Rip such as Onyx.

Mattell

I can confirm, Versaworks will not work with an SC540. I believe it has something to do with the fact that the SC540 has a different print head order, starting with black.

ColorRIP or a 3rd Party Rip such as Onyx.

No I can also confirm that Versaworks 3+ works with SC540. I've used that before. But I think ver 5 and above requires a dongle

Attila Nagy

Hey, I recently acquired a Roland sc540 Printer, but the RIP software that was bundled with the machine "Color Rip" was not included in this. As far as I know the rip was bundled with the machine on it's release. If anyone knows where that can be downloaded or have a copy they can send me it would be appreciated.
It came with ColorChoice 4.5 which is basically FlexiSign 7.6 or Photoprint.

Ali786

Hello I have sp300v and versaworks can't verify the inks. Please help
And Versaworks doesn't just work with any Roland printer. Chances are that he needs colorrip.

exampe: SP-300 is Colorrip, SP-300V is Versaworks. Unless hacked, the SP-300 won't work with versaworks.

Attachments

• 20210325_201424.jpg
    20210325_201424.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 162

FrankW

Colorchoice was a Scanvec Amiable (today SAi) Flexiprint/Photoprint OEM which works with older Roland Printers like Hifijet/Cammjet/Colorcamm PC-600 and Soljet SC-500. No Dongle.

Colorip was a Wasatch Softrip OEM which works with Hifijet/Soljet Pro II, for example the SC-540 or the SP-300. No Dongle.

Versaworks is a Roland-Exclusive RIP-Software which works with Soljets since 2005, for example with the SC-545/SJ-645/SJ-745 (not the same as the SC-540) or the Versacamm SP-300V. No Dongle, but Versaworks will check the type of printer connected and will not work with older printers (except the SP-300 if you know how to manipulate the mainboard, but with a SP-300 you have no legal licence of Versaworks). As far as I remember there was a dongle version for specific printers.

So for a SC-540 you need a Colorip which is really outdated, or some commercial RIP to buy. You can use Flexi or Onyx by subscription too,