• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for some design help!

BRUSHMARKS

Does anyone know how to do the dot gradient that is on the outer edges of the image attached? does it invalve a gradient? we have 17 snowmobiles to do for a race team. and 2 full size semi wraps by thanksgiving :covereyes:

Attachments

• photo_131.jpg
    photo_131.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 171

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
It is called a halftone effect. Easier to do in photoshop and there are tons of tutorials online for this.

A vector version would not be as easy. One possibility is to do a very, very hi res photoshop version and then run the resulting tif/psd file through an autotrace. The circles may not be perfect, but may work for your needs

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
In Omega,

• draw a circle
  • do a step and repeat for the total number of dots in one line you want
  • resize equal percentages down with percentage determined by the difference between the largest and smallest dots
  • center the dots on one axis
  • select all and equalize the gap between them

signrios

Alternately, you could just create a pattern of these progressively large dots and step/repeat as many as you need.

vector doctor, would you be able to entirely recreate something like this?
or just basic vectors?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
No not from this. The sledwraps is too small as is that winged shield image in the middle. Not enough resolution to see what is going on when you zoom in

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
also, this is likely a design created by teamarctic and copying an entire design like this could get you in trouble. Recreating a logo to put on a banner is one thing, but to grab an image from a website and recreate their design is infringement

BRUSHMARKS

also, this is likely a design created by teamarctic and copying an entire design like this could get you in trouble. Recreating a logo to put on a banner is one thing, but to grab an image from a website and recreate their design is infringement

Ya we are just looking to incorporate the halftone look into our design looking around the internet for some design ideas adn stubbled across this. ty

Joop

I recognize that graphic... my buddy from HS did that, his website address is right in the middle there.

Graphics2u

Just created this in 2 minutes using 2 circles of different size and the blend feature in Flexi.

Attachments

• Halftone.jpg
    Halftone.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 118

BRUSHMARKS

ok so i found halftones in PS but it does just a solid dot pattern no variation in size. can some one help me step by step how to make the pattern? do i need to start with a box or what?

Graphics2u

Google tutorials on halftones in photoshop and you'll find alot. Easier to see it done that way than to have it explained like this.

Need to use a gradient to get the different size dots.

Flame

Get your butt outta photoshop and create them in vectors. Takes a couple minutes and you're up and running! :)