• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for some input on signs...

Hey everyone,
Although we are not directly in the sign industry, meaning I sub out any jobs that I might get, I do want to thank everyone on here for helping me in the past with either font Id's or quotes. Now, I am looking to you all as professionals for some information. My wife and I are taking the next big step and are looking to move up from a 480 sqft shop to a 2500 sqft shop. I have never had a request for a sign, normally vehicle window decals and coroplast signs, so knowing that I am not an expert, I would like imput and information from everyone one the different signs available. I can tell you the accountant that is next to me has a hand painted 4x8 sheet of plywood as his sign. That is the size that we have to work with over the store front. It can not be internally lighted. (there are 2 100 watt flood lights at both lower corners for lighting) That comes from the Landlord. they want all the signs to look somewhat similar. Now we do have a sign post that is by the road that we can put up an internally illuminated sign. I think that is 3x4 foot in size but that will be later on down the road.

Our question is this. What would be the best material(s) to use. I do not like the plywood look!! That is what was up there to begin with. I have seen some synthetic plywood before but it always seemed to curl in the direct sunlight. The design itself is fairly simple, 2 color, lots of words, but the final design has yet to be desided on. I will be posting a picture of the front of the facility as soon as I can get back to snap one. I apologize if this is in the wrong section. Please ask questions as I really do not have that much knowledge in signs.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Matt

if you want a non dimensional absolutely lo maintenance sign...dibond or similar material.
if you want a dimensional sign (which it doesn;t sound like what you are after). hdu

Malkin

We use a lot of aluminum/plastic composite substrates like DiBond & Alumalite.
Also, a properly made MDO plywood sign does not betray the fact that it is plywood. If you do not take the time to prep & seal it, then it falls apart quickly.

That being said, I recommend that you establish a relationship with a local sign shop. You can send each other referrals & they can advise best about your signs after seeing you needs in person.