• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Someone that Can Do Large Scans

I have a customer that wants me to scan (QTY 80) 15" x 15" scrapbook pages. Job is a scrapbook of someone in his family that was a famous baseball player and met presidents, and has has newspaper articles and pictures of events. He wants to make 4 books for his sons. Once we have the scans we are then going to output posters to poster paper that he will use to make his scrapbooks. We have a commercial printer in the area with a scanner big enough to scan the page but they want $75 per scan (or $6000) just for the scanning portion.

My client has some bucks -- but he ain't paying that much for 4 books. Anyone know where to get these done? Or maybe a good scanner that I could buy and do the scanning-- and just charge him for the scanner. I think he might agree to pay a grand for just the scanning portion.

J Hill Designs

hate to say it, since they are getting closer and closer to being a full-on competitor, but have you tried a fedex print facility?

KingofProcrasta

You can easily do it yourself.
Museums don't scan they do it this way.
http://www.subchaser.org/photographing-documents

Hope this helps

Good advice!
I use a nikon 7100 which creates a 24megapixel file, around 60mb and is VERY sharp. I've gone through evolutions of flatbed and drum scanners and have replaced them with the nikon/cannon, etc. If you go this route be sure to get a good macro lens. Around $1200 for a package, this job may pay for it:)