Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for source for company logos

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Phil Swanson, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Phil Swanson

Phil Swanson Premium Subscriber

Feb 27, 2006
    Adirondacks
    I'm trying to find a couple of logos for a customer, I've tried Brands o/t world and the internet with no luck. This is for an authorized distributor so I think I'm ok with copyright .
    Their smaller companys (Dragon racing fuels, Excel racing chains) so thats probably why I can't find them.
    Has anyone tried contacting a corparation to get their logo?

Tags:
  2. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    If you customer has is selling the companies product then they should be able to call them and get the logo in the format you need. If not you can try contacting the company and explain what you are being asked to produce by the local distributor and usually they will give you what you need.

I have called a number of companies and had very good luck once I explain who and what I am doing the work for.

Good Luck!

3. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    Dragon is close to Papyrus font, distorted a little. This isn't a duplicate, but it's literally about 5 minutes or less time. Maybe this will get you going in the right direction.....

Attached Files:

4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

i called a company once............looking for the font they used for their name. i hd been asked to make a sign for an easy rider clothing store. welllllllllll.......i got an ear full. seems the people starting the store.........did not have company authorization!!!!!! i did the signs got my money......never saw the store open.

5. Phil Swanson

Phil Swanson Premium Subscriber

Feb 27, 2006
    Adirondacks
    Thanks everyone, and thanks CESO20 that will help get me started,I may have to do something temporary till I get the logos due to timeframe.

6. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
  7. Mf

Mf Member

Dec 4, 2012
    If you need to find a logo go to the said company's web site open a PDF doc and open in .ai about 90% of the time vector image. Or call the company most I've delt with send it right over :supersmilie: