• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Looking for summa cutter help

Kwhitton

Good Morning From Ontario Canada!!
Having a issue with our S140D Summa Cutter. It cuts great - just wont cut in the correct place. It scrolls ahead to another point and cuts the file. the first cut after creating the vector works great.... the problem starts when I change the vinyl and print the next color or do a cut off. Probably not explaining this right... but any help would be awesome!!! Im using the cutter with Signlab 9.1. Thank you in advance!!

JHeard

I still have issues with my Summa, but I have found it works best if I use the Illustrator plug-in to add crop marks in the design file then strictly use Winplot that it came with to send to the cutter. Not sure if the plugin works with Signlab, but doing that is the only way I can seem to stay problem-free.

Have you tried to calibrate OPOS and the media?

timgo

Graphics Designer
Good Morning From Ontario Canada!!
Having a issue with our S140D Summa Cutter. It cuts great - just wont cut in the correct place. It scrolls ahead to another point and cuts the file. the first cut after creating the vector works great.... the problem starts when I change the vinyl and print the next color or do a cut off. Probably not explaining this right... but any help would be awesome!!! Im using the cutter with Signlab 9.1. Thank you in advance!!

SignLab software, in most cases the uninstalling and clean installing of software is the right solution.

Kwhitton

SignLab software, in most cases the uninstalling and clean installing of software is the right solution.
interesting... because i just did a firmware update - reinstalled, and cut thru Winplot and it worked perfectly. Signlab is the issue.... so reinstalling may work? will try that and let you know!!!!! thank you all so much

timgo

Graphics Designer
interesting... because i just did a firmware update - reinstalled, and cut thru Winplot and it worked perfectly. Signlab is the issue.... so reinstalling may work? will try that and let you know!!!!! thank you all so much

Good luck...

Santimus

Summa Tech support has always been very helpful whenever I needed them. Try giving them a call. If its the machine or the software they will troubleshoot it with you over the phone.

JHeard

I had to email a request before someone would call me from Summa. They gave me the runaround and then weeks later called out of the blue and wanted to troubleshoot for hours. I was in the middle of an install so I asked if we could schedule it for the next day or another time and I basically got "I'm ready now, so now or never." from the tech.

Very disrespectful tech and not understanding that we are running a business and I can't just stop what I'm doing for the rest of the day. If it was up to me, right then I would have sent the brand new machine back and stuck with Graphtec. I think the Summa is a great product for what it does do, but many of the features have never worked correctly for me and TBH my experience hasn't lived up to the hype. Good luck!

depps74

I had to email a request before someone would call me from Summa. They gave me the runaround and then weeks later called out of the blue and wanted to troubleshoot for hours. I was in the middle of an install so I asked if we could schedule it for the next day or another time and I basically got "I'm ready now, so now or never." from the tech.

Very disrespectful tech and not understanding that we are running a business and I can't just stop what I'm doing for the rest of the day. If it was up to me, right then I would have sent the brand new machine back and stuck with Graphtec. I think the Summa is a great product for what it does do, but many of the features have never worked correctly for me and TBH my experience hasn't lived up to the hype. Good luck!

could not agree more. Summa sucks and so do all the worms that work there. They sold me a total lemon and then charged me to return it. They even had the audacity to blame the material!! Oracal 631. I returned it and got a Graphtec. My overview of Summa?
MAchine sucks
Software sucks
customer service sucks
also machine is loud when cutting.

Get a graphtec. Software plugin for illustrator is perfect, sign ware house guys are calm, nice and very helpful. you can also schedule a call back.