Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for the ideal media to print restaurant menus

Discussion in 'Materials' started by centinela, Nov 28, 2010.

1. centinela

centinela New Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Spain
    Hi there,

I have a solvent ink mimaki and I am looking for semi-rigid PVC or similar media to print restaurant menus on both sides. The idea is an alternative to laminate printed paper, and avoid that nasty result with time peeling off the corners and separating when folding the sheets.

I thought that to offer a designed job printted on white plastic sheets would be a good finish product to sell to restaurants. I have asked my consumables provieders but they only have the stuff used in roll up displays, it has two different finishes on each side and I am affraid it wont print the same on the front than in the back. Does anyone have a product in mind that has been tested for this particular purpose? Something that can be washed with a wet cloth for cleaning when it gets dirty but holds the print?

Thank you very much,

Inigo

Tags:
  2. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Really your much better off using a 100 lb gloss cover stock with Liquid UV Lamination. Plastic at a restaurant isn't going to fly unless its a McDonald's. People go to restaurants for a touch of class anyone that would use a plastic menu might as well just put up pictures of food with numbers by it.

3. centinela

centinela New Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Spain
    I really want to avoid lamination all together. Plastic menus could look cheap or suitable depending on how you design them. Also as far as restaurants go it is not all black or white, there is a whole range of greys in between.

If anyone a semi-rigid plastic media printable on both sides please let me know.

Thank you,

:smile:

4. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    this.