• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for the ideal media to print restaurant menus

centinela

Hi there,

I have a solvent ink mimaki and I am looking for semi-rigid PVC or similar media to print restaurant menus on both sides. The idea is an alternative to laminate printed paper, and avoid that nasty result with time peeling off the corners and separating when folding the sheets.

I thought that to offer a designed job printted on white plastic sheets would be a good finish product to sell to restaurants. I have asked my consumables provieders but they only have the stuff used in roll up displays, it has two different finishes on each side and I am affraid it wont print the same on the front than in the back. Does anyone have a product in mind that has been tested for this particular purpose? Something that can be washed with a wet cloth for cleaning when it gets dirty but holds the print?

Thank you very much,

Inigo

Locals Find!

Really your much better off using a 100 lb gloss cover stock with Liquid UV Lamination. Plastic at a restaurant isn't going to fly unless its a McDonald's. People go to restaurants for a touch of class anyone that would use a plastic menu might as well just put up pictures of food with numbers by it.

centinela

I really want to avoid lamination all together. Plastic menus could look cheap or suitable depending on how you design them. Also as far as restaurants go it is not all black or white, there is a whole range of greys in between.

If anyone a semi-rigid plastic media printable on both sides please let me know.

Thank you,

:smile:

HulkSmash

Really your much better off using a 100 lb gloss cover stock with Liquid UV Lamination. Plastic at a restaurant isn't going to fly unless its a McDonald's. People go to restaurants for a touch of class anyone that would use a plastic menu might as well just put up pictures of food with numbers by it.

this.