• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for the tool to drup ink caps for Roland SP-540v

ZissouNW

Hi All, I recently bought an old SP-540V as my first solvent printer and it's missing the tool that comes with the printer when new. It lets one drop the caps down. I want to do a head soak but can't without this thing!

Does anyone happen to know where I can get one or have one they would sell at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!
Justin

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've made one out of a piece of about 1/4" diameter metal tube and just squish one end with a pair of pliers so there is a flat spot. There isn't anything special about it at the end of the day. In a pinch I have even used forceps to grab on to the rod and spin it that way.

sdps

Hi All, I recently bought an old SP-540V as my first solvent printer and it's missing the tool that comes with the printer when new. It lets one drop the caps down. I want to do a head soak but can't without this thing!

Does anyone happen to know where I can get one or have one they would sell at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!
Justin
The part you are looking for is # 22155133 and you can get it for $6.00 at the Roland Store: https://dgastore.rolanddga.com/product/pipe-tool-fj-540 or just Google the part number. Don't worry about the websites that say it is an extension for allen wrenches or only for the FJ-540. We have had 6 Roland printers and this is the tool for all of them.

ZissouNW

The part you are looking for is # 22155133 and you can get it for $6.00 at the Roland Store: https://dgastore.rolanddga.com/product/pipe-tool-fj-540 or just Google the part number. Don't worry about the websites that say it is an extension for allen wrenches or only for the FJ-540. We have had 6 Roland printers and this is the tool for all of them.
Thanks so much. I saw that on the Roland site but the description threw me off. Much appreciated!!