Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for the tool to drup ink caps for Roland SP-540v

Discussion in 'Roland' started by ZissouNW, Jul 28, 2020.

1. ZissouNW

ZissouNW New Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Portland, OR
    Hi All, I recently bought an old SP-540V as my first solvent printer and it's missing the tool that comes with the printer when new. It lets one drop the caps down. I want to do a head soak but can't without this thing!

Does anyone happen to know where I can get one or have one they would sell at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!
    Justin

2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I've made one out of a piece of about 1/4" diameter metal tube and just squish one end with a pair of pliers so there is a flat spot. There isn't anything special about it at the end of the day. In a pinch I have even used forceps to grab on to the rod and spin it that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sdps

sdps New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    The part you are looking for is # 22155133 and you can get it for $6.00 at the Roland Store: https://dgastore.rolanddga.com/product/pipe-tool-fj-540 or just Google the part number. Don't worry about the websites that say it is an extension for allen wrenches or only for the FJ-540. We have had 6 Roland printers and this is the tool for all of them.

4. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
  5. ZissouNW

ZissouNW New Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Portland, OR
    Thanks so much. I saw that on the Roland site but the description threw me off. Much appreciated!!

6. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    The mechanics is reachable too with the fingers from the front below the caps.

7. ZissouNW

ZissouNW New Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Portland, OR
    Thanks for that!