Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for used Mimaki DX5 solvent printhead for testing HELP !

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Reelimpatient, May 23, 2019.

1. Reelimpatient

Reelimpatient New Member

Oct 17, 2018
    Ocala, FL
    I soaked the DX5 in my Mimaki JV33-160 and now it does not print anything. No error codes nothing. I am suspecting it was a dye sub aqueous water based print head and by soaking it in solvent ruined it. ( yes / No opinions? )

So I'm hoping someone has a used head that I can test with, even if its not perfect, at least I would know if its the head or not.

Would also be nice to know if there is a freelance Mimaki technician in central/ north florida.

Any help or opinions are welcome!
    thanks

2. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

The only difference between the solvent and aqueous DX5 heads is the black plastic manifold screwed to the top of the head. Years ago in a pinch I needed to replace a head but could only get an aqueous one quickly. I got it in, swapped the manifold from the old head to it and printed fine for a few years with it.

3. Tipgypsy

Tipgypsy New Member

check your ribbon cable , make sure its not in backwards and the contacts are not corroded or missing .