• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for used Mimaki DX5 solvent printhead for testing HELP !

Reelimpatient

I soaked the DX5 in my Mimaki JV33-160 and now it does not print anything. No error codes nothing. I am suspecting it was a dye sub aqueous water based print head and by soaking it in solvent ruined it. ( yes / No opinions? )

So I'm hoping someone has a used head that I can test with, even if its not perfect, at least I would know if its the head or not.

Would also be nice to know if there is a freelance Mimaki technician in central/ north florida.

Any help or opinions are welcome!
thanks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The only difference between the solvent and aqueous DX5 heads is the black plastic manifold screwed to the top of the head. Years ago in a pinch I needed to replace a head but could only get an aqueous one quickly. I got it in, swapped the manifold from the old head to it and printed fine for a few years with it.

Tipgypsy

I soaked the DX5 in my Mimaki JV33-160 and now it does not print anything. No error codes nothing. I am suspecting it was a dye sub aqueous water based print head and by soaking it in solvent ruined it. ( yes / No opinions? )

So I'm hoping someone has a used head that I can test with, even if its not perfect, at least I would know if its the head or not.

Would also be nice to know if there is a freelance Mimaki technician in central/ north florida.

Any help or opinions are welcome!
thanks
check your ribbon cable , make sure its not in backwards and the contacts are not corroded or missing .