• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for used print/cut machine

Xw00dsrac3rX

Hello,

Im looking to make a jump from my graphtec ce-5000 and start doing some printing. Its basically just a compliment to my window tinting business at this point so I am not looking to go spend $15k on a new setup.

Im good with a 30" unit instead of 54" but open to all. I like the versacamm units but having trouble locating one.

Budget wise Id like to stay under $6,000 for a used one.

Any leads on one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

SlightlyChilled

Why bother just sub it out. Ya it's cool to print stuff till come fix it time if you are not a full time print shop then you are just looking for trouble. Not trying to be Donny downer but just trying to save you head and wallet pain.

Just because it is small does not make it less to fix

kanini

30" is quite limited width wise, you'll wish everyday you'd have at least a 54" wide machine, especially if it's going to be your main/only printer. Just sayin'... A Versacamm is a good choice, but as a car dealer I know use to say; "there isn't a such thing as a cheap Mercedes, either you pay more when you buy it (used) or you'll spend the double fixing it up". I think the same goes with used printers, buy one that is as expensive as possible within your budget...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I usually figure if you don't have a lot of this going through your shop, there's no need to own one. If you have two to three full days worth of printing needs, then seriously look into it, but it's kinda like an employee.... unless you have enough work for him, why bring him on ??

Xw00dsrac3rX

Thanks for the replies.

I do my artwork through Illustrator and Photoshop and Flexi for my output right now with my current cutter. Eventually I may start doing more sign and vehicle work and will see where that leads my business. Ive played around doing quite a few vehicles for smaller businesses and all that good stuff but its a waste of time, money, and material to do it with just a cutter.

You end up making like $6/hr when its all said and done and at that rate im better off in a walmart asking people if they found everything OK.

My tint business does very well and this is just something that is coming up more and more with customers, both automotive and commercially. Between that, and my own needs for the business printing and graphics its becoming less and less cost effective to keep outsourcing.

JgS

30" is quite limited width wise, you'll wish everyday you'd have at least a 54" wide machine, especially if it's going to be your main/only printer. Just sayin'... A Versacamm is a good choice, but as a car dealer I know use to say; "there isn't a such thing as a cheap Mercedes, either you pay more when you buy it (used) or you'll spend the double fixing it up". I think the same goes with used printers, buy one that is as expensive as possible within your budget...

+1

401Graphics

im still waiting for the day i wish i had a 54" printer. Doing just fine with 48". But i did use a 30" before i got my 48" and thats when i wish i had at least 48"

sedrick1

30" Print and Cut roland versacamm sp 300 upgraded firware to V
I bought this machine 2 and a half years ago to get into wraps never got into it
but used it for banners and stickers,t shirts
Very well maintained and cleaned regularly
also have the versaworks software and manual that comes with it
also im giving away all the graphic discs i bought while having this printer
Im asking $6000 or best offer

Philly

A customer of mine is looking to sell his Roland SC545 print/cut machine 54" with RIP, ink and extra cutting blades. Give him a call, I'm sure he would entertain an offer.

Smart Signs
320-558-Sign ask for Ezra