• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for vendor

totalimage

Sorry if I am in the wrong forum , but I am in need for a vendor that produces this.( Look at pics) It will be a starburst...and it has to have the spring attached...Or I can get the spring myself. Wonder if it is a kit??? The material on the one in the picture is card stock....Thank you

Attachments

• DSCN0456.jpg
    DSCN0456.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN0455.jpg
    DSCN0455.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN0453.jpg
    DSCN0453.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 109

signgirl71

Starting out with a small order of between 65 to 100. Most likely more to come afterwards.
I am Total Image Signs' wife =) ..... Total Image is still sleeping - lol

signgirl71

3-4" for the cardstock image. We could even do that part ourselves. Basically looking for the spring with the attaching plastic pieces unless you do or know someone who does it all. Any help would be appreciated.

totalimage

Found the spring kits...Thanks...Now we need someone who would like to produce the starburst..Feels like card stock laminated or a real thin plastic...Going to need 75 to start...then will need more later on...

digitalwoodshop

What are they used for?

You could make them out of Fiber Reinforced Plastic? FRP... I get it from Johnson Plastic for Sublimation in 12 x 24 sheets.

It is about .1 inch thick. I cut it into tags on my CarveWright Wood Working hobby CNC.

Never tried to cut Hardboard on the machine...

Someone with a 60 plus watt Laser could cut the stuff from sheet stock but you would have brown edges...

Someone like Frank at ChewBarka dot com that stamps out dog tags could do it too.... The Expense is getting the tool made to stamp it out.... But once you have the tool, it would be more cost effective to have him cut them in a stamping machine.

I am more for a one off type shop..... You could send me the material and I would cut the whole batch into Stars for a per piece price.

AL

AL

Attachments

• DSC09377_WEB.jpg
    DSC09377_WEB.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC09390_WEB.jpg
    DSC09390_WEB.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 99

Donny7833

We do these all the time. Print onto .020 or .030 opaque white styrene. Large volume I sub out UV, small volume we run through our GS6000 and score cut on a Graphtec FC7000. You don't have to cut very deep, styrene will strip out easily.

I know you have a source for the springs, but we buy ours through FFR-DSI.

signgirl71

Thanks everyone. I told Kevin that I thought they sold a very thin plastic type material that would go through the versacamm without an adheisive backing. He made a phone call and wah-lah - we have it ordered. Also ordered the springs. Will let you know how it goes and eventually post a pic of the finished product. We appreciate everyones help!